Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel to Val thorens, using the lifts how long does it take?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically what it says in the subject bit. Also if you know how long it takes from meribel to Courcheval, Val Thorens to Courcheval etc that would also be useful. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
meribel to val thorens takes about 20 mins (lift up ski down) .
Val thorens to courchavel takes about an hour.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers man
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Obviously it depends which way you are going, how quick you are on skis and where you are starting from. In general, the lift system is so good you can, if a reasonably competent skier, get about at astonishing speed in the 3V.

From the Chaudanne, I suggest going up one tranche of the Tougnette (yellow bubble) and skiing down into Mottaret to get the Table Vert lift. This quickly delivers you to the new lift that takes you to the bottom of Cote Brune and over the ridge to Val T (down the Pluviometre is good) . Might be nearer to 30 minutes for me. Not been to 3V since 2007 so a bit rusty. Better dig out a piste map for next week!

snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok, thanks, any other routes on the lifts from meribel to VT would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take a look at http://skimottaret.com/ . he's a snowhead with a great web page including tour routes of the 3 vallies.
Look in the downloads page.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
From Val T to Courchevel 1800, again from memory.

You need the Three Valleys lift out of Val T which delivers you to the top of the Col de La Chambre. From there a long winding red to the bottom of Vallon where it is worth taking the lift on the left (up a slight bank, so motor) which is called Plan des Mains or something. You then take a bumpy blue all the way down into Mottaret where you get the white bubble (le Lac?) which gets you to the top of Saulire. Turn right out of the lift station and ski down to a nice rock that has signs for Meribel (right) and Courchevel (left on it. Turn left on to Cruex run, one of the greatest reds ever and enjoy swooping down that. At the bottom it is straight on for 1800 or up Chanrossa for 1650.

All very nice and I can't wait to get back there next week. Oh 3Vs I have missed you while flirting with my Italian mistress the Sella Ronda (she is so easy you see!)

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris, your going next week, same here, cant wait, do you know what the snow should be like? Ive been looking around and people have been saying its Spring like snow (not surprising), if I head up a to the top of the valley (staying in meribel) should the snow be pretty decent.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ollyollyolly, Only got the snow reports from people on here to go by at present. The advance gurad of snowHeads should be getting there about now, so we will get to know more and more.

The temperatures reported from street level seem a bit scary (17 degrees in La Tania this morning) , but I have known it hot in town and great on the mountain when there is enough snow, and I think we can sat there is enough snow.

And welcome to snowHeads. A bit belated, but we all got interested in your thread. You might be interested to know that there will be a big snowHeads presence in the 3V and environs next week (I confess to be staying in La Plagne!) and a full "bash" the week after. Have a look at the relevant threads on the snowEvents area. You might get the chance to put some faces to names.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok, cheers for the info Chris.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy