Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another 'suggest some skis' thread...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I'm just about to finish my first season in VDI, and have already decided to come back out next year so am looking at buying a set of skis.

I've tried many pairs of all mountain ski's throughout the year but haven't really found a set pair that i'm happy with on piste and offpiste/powder. I've found most to be good at one but not the other, although i do think the k2 Apache recons i have just now are about the best i've had although they're 'just ok' at both, and don't really excel at either discipline. Anyway, as a result i've decided the best thing to do would be to by at set of piste skis now and purchase a set of dedicated off piste skis in the future.

So...im looking for suggestions on some skis to be used on piste:-

* preferably twintips (im not a big park fan, but i like the odd jump and trick now and again)
* i ski aggresively and i wouldnt say i favour either wide or narrow turns.
* im tall - 195cm

Many Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kiwi1 wrote:
Further Rductions to move stock.

We have.
Icelantic Shamans. Powder Ski (usable everywhere)
160/110/130. In sizes 184, 173, . Deal Price £270 (rrp £435) NEW DEAL £240

Icelantic Nomads. Big Mountain explorer
140/105/130. In sizes 181, 168, 156. Deal Price £260 (rrp £415) NEW DEAL £230

Icelantic Pilgrims. All mountain twin
127/90/117. In sizes 179, 169, 151. Deal Price £250 (rrp £395) NEW DEAL £210

Icelantic DaNollie. Park
118/88/118. In sizes 160, 170, 180. Deal Price £240 (rrp £385) NEW DEAL £205

Also have High Society Freeride FRs 3x179s and 1x171 I can do at £190.

Courier is £15 UK mainland.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dedicated piste skis with a twintip. Does such a thing even exist? There are plenty of twintips that are not bad on piste, but I doubt you'll find anything that's great. For a 2 ski quiver, I'd go for something like the Head Supershape Magnum for on piste and then a big fat twintip powder ski.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulmclean85, at the risk of incurring the wrath of some on this forum,i recommend you check with the guys at tetongravityresearch.com...they have tried every piece of equipment in existence.use their search engine.. the info you need will be there..good luck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowpatrol, it's not this forums wrath he needs to look out for wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc, i gotya Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Armada el rey are pretty cheap right now.

£160 from FREEZE in Edinburgh where you are based.

I reckon that a piste ski with a twin and can be had in a 179 which would be ok for you imo. Maybe a little short but those Icelantic skis are even shorter. IMHO i would rather ski Armada than Icelantic anyway.

Freeze is in Edinburgh so you could pick them up.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surely any 'parc n pipe' designed ski is on piste. My son rides Volkl Dogen twin tips. There's not much off piste about those dudes. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the info guys. I'm actually out in VDI just now doing a season and not in Edinburgh, otherwise i would go in to Freeze for a look at those Armada skis.

I went to the rental shop i use here today and told them what i was looking for. I came out with a pair of Scott P3's, which i pretty much ruled out straight away because i classed them as a park ski. However i had a LOT of fun with them today! any opinions on them? it took a while to get used to them as the bindings are very central, and they seemed a little hard to control at times when it got bumpy (maybe because they were 178's and im 6ft 4?? - id obviously get 184's if i bought them). Also, i'd be interested to hear how the perform on hardpack/ice as even up high it was pretty soft today.

Thanks again,

Paul
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mollerski wrote:
Surely any 'parc n pipe' designed ski is on piste. My son rides Volkl Dogen twin tips. There's not much off piste about those dudes. wink

Park skis are usually too soft to be considered a decent piste ski. Obviously you can ski them on piste and some of them are pretty good, but there are loads of far better dedicated piste skis if you're not going to use them in the park.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blah, blah, blah.................
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy