Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Announced today - Everest is Shrinking!

Poster: A snowHead
Talksport Radio today carried an item about the impact that global warming is having on Everest (mountain, not the double glazing company).

Apparently the summit has shrunk by 4'10"!

Whilst global temperature change is a serious issue, what does this mean? That attaining the summit is now easier and not an event that ranks as high an achievement as when Hilary got there?

I'm sure there'll be some views on this, but what would you suggest to re-build the summit to it's former glorious height? What about sticking the little one from the Crankies atop the diminished mound?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I read that they had noticed a retreat in the glacier and a chinese exhibition is going to measure it again. According to The Times, the height was reported as being 29,002ft when Hillary climbed it. But in 1999 an American expedition used GPS and it came out at 29,035ft. They are to remeasure it using radar and GPS.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Read in the Gruniad today that the height was estimated at around 29,000ft, but that people would know it was estimated so added the 2 on two give the height a spurious authenticity. As someone commented, why didn't they scrape off 2ft to make it exactly 29,000ft.
I think my brain is melting Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, and New Zealand's lost a few hectares of land to oceans rising. Yawn.
Next topic please.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Manda, Thats a poor attitude, it is that type of thinking which helped create this mess which our children will be left to suffer, and its that type of thinking that will ensure the problem only get worse and worse before its too late.

Well, thats my 2 cents anyway. Smile

PS If you were fishing then you caught me!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
...hmmm... 4'10"shorter.... should make it easier for the climbers, then !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I do believe that Mark Hunter was asking for humorous suggestions for the restoration of Everest's crowning glory, rather than a debate over the (debatable) environmental issues. May I therefore suggest that the Chinese commission a small restaurant along the lines of the Ptarmigan at Cairngorm, which would prove a great comfort to the climbers. They'd have to lower the prices of course, and improve the quality of the food, but I can't help feeling that this would prove a huge improvement to the prospects for tourism in the area.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does the 29002 foot include the snowcap or only the rock below it. Additionally, given the rise and fall of sea level daily and seasonally, where do they measure from?

Mark, If you put a Crankie on the top she'd only go and fall off.... wink

oh no she wouldn't!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike, point taken, apologies Embarassed
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike I think a restaurant is a bit OTT. I mean all people really want is a beer when they get to the top. So I guess a normal fridge with a small cupboard on top containing some glasses is about 4'10"
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
telford_mike, thank you! Whilst global temp change has it's place, there should always be room for some humour! Not that the Crankes nad humour normally go hand in glove, of course.

Mark Lehto, Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I expect starbucks already have planning permission in
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SteveG Perhaps that is why the mountain is shrinking? Trying to get away fro where starbucks will be?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mark Lehto, Could be that their test case split a little coffee!

By the way does anyone else get a very dodgy message when trying to access the all smilies bit?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't worry, admin is already aware of it.
snow conditions
Maybe he's despatched them to the top of Everest to re-establish it's former glory!
latest report
Quote:

what would you suggest to re-build the summit to it's former glorious height?

Move all the tourist rubbish from the bottom up to the top. Soon will be twice it's original height.
snow conditions
Yeah, but you couldn't use black bin bags, it'd look awful. Does anyone make white bin bags?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy