Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski season question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question from a newbie, so apologies if it is daft...

My wife's birthday is at the start of May and we' relooking to go away for 4 - 5 days. We've scratched the idea od skiing as the season will be over. But is really?

Thought I'd ask, just in case, if there are any European resorts that might still have reasonable snow for a long weekend of skiing.

As I say, I'm guessing not, but over to you knowledgable folks.

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Glacier resorts Hintertux, Tignes, LDA should still have some skiing. I think Zermatt and Sass Fee in Switzerland are similar.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
t40ora, Far from over. I have had some of my best ever skiing in May. You should do it you won't regret it.....these would be my picks.

Chamonix - Grands Montets will still be open and I have always done the Vallee Blanche when I have been in May, loads of mileage for you to ski. I have been there 5 times now over May Day Bank and never been disappointed, had fresh pow 3 times. Always been nice enough in town to wear shorts there is loads to do, al fresco dining and a great atmosphere but still not busy. Last year we heli skied in Italy and had a 37 dish lunch in Maison de Filippo in Courmayeur. If you have a day off skiing head across for lunch anyway.

Zermatt and Saas Fee - Both have loads of snow up top and are still open, stunning scenery, there will be great deals in nice hotels if you want to treat her, plenty to do off slopes

Val Disere/Tignes - Had powder there on May day bank before and again they have loads of snow and it ain't gonna disappear before then, huge area, and there will plenty of skiing - I haven't been to it and I'm sure someone else will tell you, but there is meant to be an awesome end of season party on the slopes in Val D'Isere

Ischgl - Will be absolutely buzzing for their end of season weekend. Normally they have a huge act to start and finish the season up on the mountain, there should be about 20,000 people at the concert although I think it is cheesy Euro boyband this year. If the partying is more important than the skiing this would be the one for you.

Go for it... Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's Kylie, I think!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ayrshire Andy, You're right, my mistake!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks folks.

Sadly, it's just made me unsettled. The Treasurer (SWMBO) and Birthday Girls has refused another ski holiday on the basis that we can't afford it.

She's right I suppose........ Crying or Very sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy