Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

insurance claim advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some advice needed please. I injured my knee on my recent trip, so effectively lost 3 days of skiing. Can I make a claim for loss of ski time? As I see it, te purpose of the holiday was to ski, and I ended up paying a lot of money to sit reading!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It all depends on the wording of your policy. Some will refund the unused portion of lift passes, lessons or equipment hired. I lost the full week on one trip and didn't get anything back.

Contact the claims department and ask them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hollyvan, PM me and i'll see what i can do for you, i've helped a number of fellow snowheads out with claims
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats a very interesting point that i hadnt even considered. I recently broke an elbow and missed a few days skiing (while stepping out of the pool).
Obviously claiming for the lift pass ski hire etc but you have got me thinking.
I am trying to think of a similar or equivalent scenario on a different type of holiday, unsuccessfully so far.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hollyvan, do you mean in effect compensation for the loss of your skiing for 3 days, rather than claiming back lift pass/ski hire etc? If the former I should think it extremely unlikely. You were still in the resort were you, staying in the hotel etc?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, I was still at the resort, but my purpose in going to the resort had been to ski. So the holiday, to me, was not a holiday. I had spent a lot of money for a purpose that was not fufilled.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hollyvan, unlucky. Time has gone by - you won't get it back - and I can't see how money can compensate for something that is not recoverable. And financially, you are no worse off than if yu had been able to complete the skiing. All part of life's pattern.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting idea. Some TO policies offer (or used to offer) a small daily sum if skiing is impossible because of bad weather or lack of snow (although they contain so many restrictions that the chance of a successful claim are almost zero, from what I remember). Unless the policy specifically offers such cover, I can't imagine the insurance co. coughing up; apart from anything else, how would they quantify the 'loss'? In the absence of specific cover for not being able to ski and since the policy almost certainly insures specific risks, rather than the vague risk that your holiday wasn't as much fun as you expected, you're probably not going to get anywhere. Good luck.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I don't think I'll get anywhere either, but thanks for listening!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy