Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is the Greatest skier in the World?

Poster: A snowHead
Who in your opinion is the best skier in the World? Chose from any discipline:, freeride, racing, freestyle......or chose an 'all rounder'...and put forward your case.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

This chap should be a candidate.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gsyfreerider, is or was... ?? I always liked Schmidt and his pioneering work in the Stump movies. These days, there are so many great skiers about on film...but the early stump movies started a revolution IMV...and I thought Schmidt led the way and was the best then of that ilk........

as for Best...no idea..I just like to watch free-riders mostly......but any skiing on TV gets my vote.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 2-04-09 20:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BernardC.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, Not so good in the air though is he?!..............yeah he has to be a contender
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Gsyfreerider wrote:
rob@rar, Not so good in the air though is he?!..............yeah he has to be a contender

He flys with style! Wink

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 2-04-09 20:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
he died last thursday..mcconkey had to be up there Sad

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 2-04-09 21:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am going Jon Olsson for best 'all round' skier, pretty sure he was back racing and doing well for one reason or another.

Seth Morrison has to be contender for freeride.

Miller is my favourite for the race category due to his general ridiculousness.

Freestyle... pretty sure THall should be up there.. HIS ANKLES, THEY'RE BROKEN1!!!1!11

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 2-04-09 20:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, I was thinking current crop............Schmidt was very special though.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
arv, For me Candide Thovex is the best all round skier, having seen the Candide Kamera clip recently I reckon he could compete on the World Freeride tour, he is an awesome bumps skier as well, X games gold medallist in pipe and slopestyle...........Jon Olsson is a very good shout, he is an amazing freerider by all accounts on top of all his park and pipe stuff.

Aurelien Ducroz - Freeride purely on this seasons form

Racing - Bode Miller, will be interesting to see him do some freeriding when he retires

Pipe - Xavier Bertoni

Slopestyle & big air - TJ Schiller
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv, Tanner broken? What happened?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alexsandra
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, Mmm, hadn't thought of her, why? Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gsyfreerider, for me Candide could look better in the air, he looks messy coming off cliffs. Don't get me wrong that clip is SERIOUSLY cool.

TJ Schiller was up there but I don't watch enough tele//films to have seen much of his skiing.. he has the style though.

Type in 'Tanner Hall Chads Gap' on youtube.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
arv, 'Messy coming off cliffs', bit harsh! Tanner's busted ankles were 4 years ago now he just gets busted for dope...to be fair I did name my son after him but don't tell my wife!........he's only 3, he hasn't been yet I hope he can ski - no pressure!
ski holidays
Gsyfreerider, that's awesome.. better hope GSY Junior never gets busted for dope.

It is true, he is undeniably awesome but he does that crazy shift off everything which sometimes just makes it look a bit untidy. Also a whole load of arm waving going on.. Not saying he isn't good, just a couple things that annoy me in my search for perfection. Laughing

Watch again and you will see.
latest report
Guys who are mostly in the air aren't technically skiing are they?

Best will come from World Cup ski racing. Period.

Mrs Vonn fits the bill - total domination of this years circuit.

From the men's side I say Benni Raich.
snow report
rolling eyes In certain 'types' of skiing it is pretty important though, if someone looked rubbish in the air as a freestyle skier they wouldn't be very good would they?
ski holidays
arv, Had a look at it again, 15th time now i think! My theory for what it is worth is that for something like slopestyle he has pretty much worked out what he is going to do off what hits and what speed he needs on the hits, check this for perfection: http://video.aol.com/video-detail/candide-thovex-winter-x-games-2007-slopestyle-gold/987160640

On the Candide Video presumably he has scoped the faces before riding them but to an extent he is skiing on feel and instinct, I guess you have to add some steeze for the camera so hence the safety grab and shiftys but he actually looks like he is using the safety grab to give him some stability in the air. I suspect it's probably quite difficult to look faultless in the air if you are dropping back to back 30 footers but then again I can only dream about that and I am probably talking b*ll*cks anyway!
ski holidays
He is undeniably ridiculous, I just think his freeskiing could be brushed up on (saying the dude sitting in an armchair). When he gets it dialed he will be hard to beat.
latest report
arv, are you blurred elevens?
ski holidays
Arno, yes. Mr Elevens is right though.... ( did I just say that? ) He did make a very good point, a lot of other skiers make it look completely effortless even skiing similarly technical lines. I hadn't noticed until I read and agreed. Do you not agree?
ski holidays
How about one of the top big mountain guys like Jeremy Nobis
snow report
arv wrote:
I am going Jon Olsson for best 'all round' skier, pretty sure he was back racing and doing well for one reason or another.

Seth Morrison has to be contender for freeride.

Miller is my favourite for the race category due to his general ridiculousness.

Freestyle... pretty sure THall should be up there.. HIS ANKLES, THEY'RE BROKEN1!!!1!11

^^This

Would also add Abma and Zachrisson to the list for freeride, Dumont and PK for freestyle.

Finally, Sage Cattabriga Alosa has to be there.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 3-04-09 0:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
arv, Gsyfreerider, the best skiers in the world are not jibbers..silly rabbits,tricks are for kids!!
snow report
snowpatrol, just because YOU think the best skiers in the world are different people doesn't mean WE are wrong.

Please refer to the original post:

Gsyfreerider wrote:
Who in your opinion is the best skier in the World?
snow conditions
arv, was that a bite!? Laughing
ski holidays
snowpatrol, haha you got me. You got me good and proper. Excuse number 1: I am up late finish tomorrows assignment and Excuse 2: Whiskey.

snowpatrol 1:0 arv
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
excuses accepted..BTW.. dont let excuse number 1 get in the way of excuse number 2!! cheers
snow report
Tomba, Marc Giradelli, Herman Maier, Bode Miller, Glen Plake,
snow conditions
You are all wrong - it's me after a couple of Mutzigs
snow report
Just watched that Tanner Hall Chads Gap clip and he sounds like Mustafa(?) in Austin Powers when he's been dropped down the gorge! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Doug Coombs (RIP), Zubriggen (spelling?), Giradelli, Armodt (sp?)
latest report
ulmerhutte,

You can't have a dead man who IS the greatest skier.
Raich for me.

(sp. corr. Zurbriggen and Aamodt)
snow report
Jon Olson - he does the lot, inluding a bit of 'amateur' racing.

Freeride then the French-Canadian guy whose name a can't think of right now. Whistler based.

But I only watch English speaking vids.
snow conditions
Coombs, Shane McConkey, Tanner Hall, Herman Maier oh the list you could have
latest report
My friend Andy is great at skiing backwards!
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
Guys who are mostly in the air aren't technically skiing are they?

Best will come from World Cup ski racing. Period.

Mrs Vonn fits the bill - total domination of this years circuit.

From the men's side I say Benni Raich.

I wont start,
snow conditions
666 wrote:
Jon Olson - he does the lot, inluding a bit of 'amateur' racing.

Freeride then the French-Canadian guy whose name a can't think of right now. Whistler based.

But I only watch English speaking vids.

JP Auclair?

Julien Regnier?
ski holidays
Another vote for Jon Olsson as best all-rounder
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy