Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommended ski instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Resort: Morzine
School: Bass
Instructor name: George
Season: 2017
Level: Early intermediate (Confident on Blues and Easy Reds
Lesson type: 3x 3 hour Group (Max 6)
Assessment (1=poor; 5=outstanding):
- Communication: 5
- Accuracy of diagnosis: 5
- Effectiveness of treatment: 5
- Fun factor: 5
Comments: Absolutely brilliant. George was patient, articulate and made his instructions easily understood. He also managed to make the lessons fun by testing us on a variety of different types of piste.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Resort: Serre Chevalier (Chantemerle)
School: Insight Ski School
Instructor name: Darren Turner
Season: 2018/2019
Level: Intermediate
Lesson type: One-on-One
Assessment(1=poor; 5=outstanding): 5
- Accuracy of diagnosis: 4
- Effectiveness of treatment: 4
- Fun factor: 4-5
Comments: Within 5 minutes he was able to identify what I was doing wrong and went straight into
drills to fix the issue. I came away a more confident skier and since then, others have noticed that
I have had lessons. Darren is easy to talk to. Fantastic communicator. Good sense of humour[/b]
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Resort: Les Gets - PDS
School: PDS Academy
Instructor name: Alex
Season: 17/18
Level: 1 improving intermediate, one lapsed instructor relearning
Lesson type: 2 x 3hr private
Assessment (1=poor; 5=outstanding): 5
Comments: Really impressive teaching, took Mrs Orange from skiddy to carvey and massive increase in confidence. Identified all my issues and set me to work fixing them which will take a while. Great guy, took an hour out of second lesson at our request to teach my 5yr old and she got heaps from it, then he gave her a Buff and that made her holiday. Thoroughly recommend.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Resort: Three Valleys
School: Independent
Instructor name: Claude Decagny @Skipros
Season: 2017/18
Level: Advanced.
Lesson type: 4x half days and 1 full day across 2 separate trips in January and April for a private group of 3 (with @MaireadOConnor and @Snowpenguin).
- Communication: 5 – Claude’s English is excellent.
- Accuracy of diagnosis: 5 – figured out our biggest issues in a few minutes Happy
- Effectiveness of treatment: 5 - and showed us how to fix them.
- Fun factor: 5 – Claude has a great sense of humour. @Snowpenguin is particularly chuffed that we always get a trip through the kids fun park.
Comments: Lessons with Claude have been transformational for my skiing this season. I’ve improved a lot over the past few years but felt I had really hit a plateau due to my head not quite catching up with my skill level. Claude is an ex-French moguls team skier and dual qualified under the French and Canadian systems. As such, he has a whole arsenal of tricks up his sleeve to pick terrain and routes that challenged me without scaring me and really boosted my confidence. I felt he really understood the psychology and how to get past those blocks. Claude’s “tips” are concise and to the point and so immediately effective that I never forget them. I’m now skiing as steep, fast and confidently off-piste as I am on-piste.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not Wanted Down Under

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-49367113

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7362915/ski-instructor-jailed-10-years-viciously-raping-woman-assaulting-man.html
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Check out FreeFloFloss.
Resort: Tignes, les arcs, St Foy, La Rosiere
School: FreeFloSki
Instructor name: Floss
Season: 21/11
Level: On piste, off piste, touring
Lesson type: One-on-One or group
Assessment(1=poor; 5=outstanding): 5
- Empathy and mountain love factor: 5
Comments: really experienced, ex racer, fast diagnosis, great coach. Full of mountain joy.
She also has a you tube channel - she's on 920 likes and needs 1000 in the next 2 days. Please like and subscribe. Lots of vids, on technique, chairlift chat wednesdays,

http://youtube.com/v/HiKnhlGte6g
latest chairlift chat wednesday

http://youtube.com/v/MYPn-hDkz5Q
latest tips - skiiing in a gully....

Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Resort: Val D’isere/ Tignes
School: Independent
Instructor name: Ski Lena - Lena Haurits Nielsen
@SkiLena
Season: 2021/22
Lesson type: 3x half days private lessons.
- Communication: 5 – Lena’s English is excellent.
- Accuracy of diagnosis: 5 – figures my worst mistake on the first run
- Effectiveness of treatment: 5 - and showed us how to fix them.
Comments: Lena is by far the best instructor I’ve ever had.
She’s SO professional! I’ve asked from her to focus deeply on technique and that’s what she did, I felt the improvement instantly. Lina is super nice and funny, and I really enjoyed the time with her. I liked the talks and laughs on the chairlifts, the video analysis on coffee breaks and the recommendations I got from her about Val.
10000% recommended, will definitely come back next year!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Test
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Resort: Verbier (lesson in Champex)
School: Warren Smith
Instructor name: Jordan Revah
Season: 2021/22
Lesson type: 1 x full day private
Comments: Virtually impossible to get lessons with Jordan so I was very lucky. He is one of the best skiers I’ve ever seen but more importantly a wonderful teacher as well as being a really nice guy. Lesson focused on just two things. Simple and incredibly effective. His ability to diagnose is just uncanny. One of the best instructors in a very good school.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Those interested in Warren Smith (and his Ski Academy) might find this bonus episode of The Ski Podcast of interest
https://audioboom.com/posts/8147562-warren-smith-ski-instructor-bonus-episode-28
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Resort: Hoch Fügen
School: Ski Check
Instructor name: Sara Jones
Season: 2018 to present day.
Level: Upper Intermediate
Lesson type Private, on piste and off piste.
Comments:

I‘ve previously had lessons with some very good ski instructors (Alison Culshaw, Dee O‘Neil, Rob Rees and others).

The first time I had a lesson with Sara I realised that she is the instructor who is best equipped to help me improve my skiing. She just explains things in a way that I understand. I’m certain that this is not an accident, as I could see her trying to figure out my personality and learning style in those first lessons. My wife and I have returned to see her at least once every year since 2018 to carry on improving.

Sara’s online presence suggests that she is all about adaptive skiing (eg sit skis) - but this is only a part of what she does. She seems very happy teaching both on and off piste.

Sara uses very few drills and concentrates on giving very perceptive feedback on how you are skiing and what you can do to ski better.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A request, if anyone has any knowledge of lessons in Zermatt for really young children. Kindergarten stuff. My grandson will be 2/12 years old. Many thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Resort: Meribel / 3 Valleys
School: New Generation
Instructor name: Luca Clemente
Season: Current
Level: Beginner through to ridic expert
Lesson type Private, on piste and off piste.
Comments:
I had a couple of days of off piste / bootpacking with him. I have never skied with anyone so good. At one point I thought he might be Candide in disguise. Reluctantly gave him up to my wife (low intermediate) where she had her skiing revolutionised. After that he looked after the rest of our families beginner group as their lady wasn't great. By far the best I've ever come across.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy