Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season over, thanks to everyone I've skied with

Poster: A snowHead
Decided to bring this season to a close, so a bit of a sad day really. Was thinking about a final week in Zermatt to do some teaching over easter, but if I spend any more time away from home I think my girlfriend's great patience with me will be tested beyond breaking point.

It's been a great season, starting in Tignes in November and finishing yesterday at the Milton Keynes snowdome. I've been lucky with some awesome days for snow, ticked a couple more BASI boxes and I think my skiing has improved as has my knowldge of things like off piste safety. But more than anything else I've skied with some wonderful people, which is what it's all about. Wish I could be at the End of Season Bash, but as I have another couple of BASI courses to do over the summer and will be spending a lot of time at the new slope at Hemel I just can't justify that Sad

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone I've skied with this season. Some of you, plus cute pictures of cats, dogs and marmottes appear in my photo album for 08/09 Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.....and thanks to you too Rob. Only skied with you one day this year - but a couple of "hot tips" you gave have been soooo useful. Have a great summer and here's to next season Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Ah, another season over and we still have managed to miss each other Very Happy
Maybe at Hemel .........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wot Boredsurfing, said. Have a good summer Rob and if you ever venture North of Watford then drop me a PM Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, thought you were doing a BASI course in May? Would really like to try and ski with you sometime next season (even if it will test your patience!). That's not to say beer wasn't fun, but snow then beer is even better Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
Decided to bring this season to a close....

<splutter> But it's still snowing Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, Lightweight... go and join that support group..... Laughing

you injured or something... Laughing wink

Mosha Marc, we had better stump up then, hadn't we.... ? 65-35 for me in favour...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some stunning photos there. Hope to see you around sometime - can't believe VT was a whole year ago now, can you? I so wish I was going again - maybe 2010.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the pics Rob, looks like you had a good one.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The season is never over Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers Rob, thanks for all the tips.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, great shame that we won't be skiing together at the EoSB Sad . See you next season (or maybe at Hemel?)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, Thanks for the blog and pictures. Only have to wait a month until Hemel opens.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, thanks for blog, pictures and, especially, for the use of your apartment and the super-efficient letting arrangements. It was lovely to meet you, even though we didn't ski together. I too am contemplating a trip to Hemel at some point (and maybe a lesson????)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Season over, pahh, Me I'm off to Meribel tomorrow NehNeh NehNeh Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

see you at Hemel in July snowHead
snow report
rob, Only shared a sunny beer and and burger this year, but thats ok, I can keep up at beer and burgers Wink
All the best, hopefully catch up next year Very Happy
snow conditions
rob@rar,

Enjoyed our beers Very Happy , but we never did manage to ski together in Les Arcs Sad

Any 'ticks' in BASI boxes are hard earned and therefore to be proud of.

C U next season
ski holidays
rob@rar, Sod's law that Sad I'm in La Plagne later next week so will be doing Les Arc.
Hope you have a great summer Rob and may see you in Hemel Very Happy
snow conditions
Northern season finished. Sad

Southern season 3 - 4 months away Very Happy
snow report
hmm seems to be lots beers being shared with Rob and not much skiing Wink
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
hmm seems to be lots beers being shared with Rob and not much skiing Wink

Yes, that thought has occurred to me as well! Maybe subconsciously I'm avoiding people see me ski, so I can talk a good game in the bar afterwards...

Anyways, I'm glad that my photos and blog has been enjoyed (one more entry to write up, from my week in Courchevel) and it would be great to meet up at Hemel over the summer. I hear they've got some good instructors working there, although caution is needed because you might end up with me Wink
ski holidays
Hang on a minute, rob@rar announces his retirement at the same time as Alain Baxter announces his. Hmmmm
ski holidays
rob@rar, I'm off to Austria tonight for 2 weeks Twisted Evil

So are you all booked on the Adaptive course now?
ski holidays
beanie1, yes, booked on to the adaptive. Have a great time - Kitzbuhel isn't it?
latest report
rob@rar, yup Kitzbuhel this week, and Ischgl next. Never been to either!! Hope the snow in the beginner areas and blue runs is ok. My hardest week teaching was at end of season in Courmayeur when they shut the last blue run, leaving only the beginner bowl and then reds.
ski holidays
beanie1, Wouldn't be convinced about conditions in Kitzbuhel as its so low but beginners area in Ischgl is at 2300 metres so should be ok.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy