Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynastar Exclusive Legend Fluid

Poster: A snowHead
Having tested these, I now want to buy some in 152cm. Nothing doing at Ellis Brigham, Filarinski or Conrad Sport, not even at full price, though I was hoping for an end-of-season bargain. Have generally drawn a blank online. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle, best I can do at this time...http://www.natives.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=292353&sid=8fff69f9c9dc52982f1635bb13fc6eed

or PM the zoo
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, saw that on Natives, but thanks. Wrong length - 152 is as long as I want to go. Zoo too up itself to answer PMs, as I've discovered. (Anyway, these skis aren't nearly wide enough. wink )
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, I was going to say they aren't wide enough but decided against...Laughing

I would guess/hope the zoo is too busy enjoying end of season stuff to be reading this stuff all day...

You need a statesside contact...Laughing lots going on there...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, yeah, I saw, but it all looks very pricy. I may have to have a complete re-think. Wonder if they'll have ski tests at Hemel? I'm curious to see the place at least once, and then I could kill two birds with one stone. Oh heck, it's probably just a conspiracy to get me to hang on to my perfectly adequate Heads. Will it be more difficult to access Dynastars anyway, now that Sallanches is closing down?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you tried finding the UK Dynastar importer?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Movement Spicy or Chica...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, good thinking, thanks. Toofy Grin Have now found their website/an address in Newport. Will try it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hurtle, how much do you want to pay? I could keep a look out around here.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, Filarinskis are selling some at the wrong length for £258.99: that would be nice, but I guess I'd look at any deal, the normal retail price seems to be around £370. Really kind of you, thanks. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's the difference between the Exclusive Legend Fluid and the more expensive one with LTD added, which is more money (but available in the right length)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
To answer my own question, I suppose they are more piste oriented (certainly narrower under the foot). And presumably stiffer?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Le Vieux Campeur's list - not v exciting prices, though. http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/upload/file/Remise%2013%2025-03-09.pdf
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, yes, I think so, more on here if you're interested. What I'm looking at is truly designed to be all-mountain, and is aimed at more or less my level of expertise.

I think I'd need at least to look at a picture of what I'm buying - the names are so similar, it's really confusing!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:
Good news, bad news...found them and they responded quickly: only one other outlet in the UK apart from Ellis Brigham and Filarinski, in the shape of Severn Sports in Leeds. Nada. Sad Back to the drawing board...
ski holidays
Well all the shops round here sell Dynastar, or so it seems - so I'll keep my eyes open. And take my tape measure. wink
snow report
pam w, aw, Pam, thanks so much. Had I suspected it would be such a problem here, I'd have bitten on the exchange rate bullet and bought some while I was in France.
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
kitenski wrote:
Good news, bad news...found them and they responded quickly: only one other outlet in the UK apart from Ellis Brigham and Filarinski, in the shape of Severn Sports in Leeds. Nada. Sad Back to the drawing board...

Hmm! What about trying Dynastar direct and see if they can find you any in Europe?? Possible good excuse for an end of season trip Wink
snow report
any chance of a factory sale in Sallanches? wink
ski holidays
kitenski, pam w, good thoughts, thank you. Might indeed try Dynastar direct.
latest report
Hurtle, Au Vieux Campeur in Albertville only has the 158, and they are 499 euros less 20% - so not exactly a super bargain. They don't look very big though - do you really need the littler ones? I asked one of the assistants about the sizes and got a very Gallic look when I said I was looking for a friend but I didn't know what size she was. wink
ski holidays
pam w, have PMd you.
ski holidays
Star that she is, pam w has scoured half the ski shops in the Savoie on my behalf, but to no avail. Ideas for the nearest equivalent would be much appreciated. Meanwhile, I shall try getting in touch with Dynastar direct.
snow report
I found few shops had any at all, and none had that size. Sad
snow report
pam w, perhaps a preponderance of French, female midgets is to blame!
snow conditions
Hurtle, I was wondering how you got on with these skis - great aren't they? Did you try any others?
ski holidays
erica2004, no I didn't, in retrospect I should have done so. Was feeling mean about shelling out hire charges.
snow report
Hurtle, you might well like the Rossignol Attraxion 6.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Hurtle, you might well like the Rossignol Attraxion 6.

Or the Voodoo SC74. Attraxion 6/Fischer Vision Vapor/Roxy Joyrider/K2 One Luv are all a bit tip-engagement biased, I think she'd want to test them first.
ski holidays
comprex, I am indeed a bit nervous of buying without testing. (That's the influence of snowHeads for you! wink) Do you have any views on the Movement Spicy? JT has kindly turned up a very good deal on a pair of those in 153cm (81mm under foot.)
latest report
Hurtle,

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51673
snow conditions
JT, yeah, just saw that. Have also e-mailed you - looks like RPF may have found me some Dynastars!!! snowHeads are amazing, I simply can't get over how helpful so many folk are. Trouble is, I don't know enough about anything to be remotely as helpful myself! Embarassed
snow report
Hurtle, just seen this thread. Laughing if you're going for 152 skis, you may as well get a snowboard. wink
ski holidays
sherlock235, Puzzled
ski holidays
Quote:

I simply can't get over how helpful so many folk are.

Hurtle, not all of them, apparently. Twisted Evil
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
comprex, I am indeed a bit nervous of buying without testing. (That's the influence of snowHeads for you! wink) Do you have any views on the Movement Spicy? JT has kindly turned up a very good deal on a pair of those in 153cm (81mm under foot.)

My wife thinks Movement Spicys are brilliant on and off piste. Certainly seem to have improved her skiing on both. Quality is certainly top notch and they're very light.
ski holidays
uktrailmonster, thanks for the recommendation. I'm still trying to source the Dynastars, but this does look like an excellent second choice (though more expensive.)
snow report
Hurtle, sorry, no experience with euro market brands like movement/scott/yaka.
snow conditions
STOP PRESS, folks! I contacted Dynastar direct (in Sallanches) and they simply passed my query back to their UK importer. I had already been in touch with this very nice person, a Mr Scott Dobson, but had drawn a blank with all the retailers whom he had recommended. This time, Scott was able to confirm that Dynastar did have some Exclusive Legends in stock, and that if any of the retailers 'wanted' to help me, they could simply put in an order. As I said to him, they pretty obviously don't want to help me - understandably enough, they want to wait until next season, charge me full whack on the new model etc etc. So, he then went and put his thinking cap on, in order to find me another retailer who would indeed be prepared to order some skis for me. He found one. Next thing I know is that I have just received a phonecall from our very own CEM, who will have said skis for me in a week or two. Utterly amazing. The power of snowHeads is something else again! I'm overcome with gratitude, and probably need to go and have a lie-down after all this emoting. Trouble is, I can see this leading to some further unforeseen expenditure - CEM is unlikely to be a happy bunny when he sees my boots... wink Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

CEM is unlikely to be a happy bunny when he sees my boots...

Laughing the least you can do is buy a new pair. I pass the Dynastar factory in Sallanches fairly often, and I did wonder, but I didn't have the nerve to go in there, to be honest. Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy