Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hire Car - Excess Insurance Cover

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got back from France a couple of weeks ago, great trip.

I hired a car from Hertz and after being ripped off with alleged damage a number of years ago decided to go for the "excess insurance cover". Good system but expensive for what it was. Spoke to a friend last night and they get annual excess cover insurance for about €60 which if it works is cheaper than a week with Hertz.

Has anybody bought annual excess insurance cover over the net and how have you found it? Is it as good value as it seems?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.insurance4carhire.com

I've used this for a few years and claimed once. I was emailed a claim form, signed and returned it and the claim was paid promptly and in full. If you hire a car a couple or more times per year it does work out cheaper.

You can also pre-pay the excess cover if booking via Holiday Autos (and I presume the car rental companies direct) which also works out cheaper than paying at the desk when you collect the car.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We had to pay a 75 euro excess to hertz for a chip in the windscreen - amazing really as there was no chip and the crack started underneath the exposed bit! We played email tennis and have just had it refunded!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nadenoodlee, I had a "problem" with an ariel charged me about €70. There was not a problem with the arial, alas the lazy so and so did not bother to check the car and when we got back after a few weeks they spotted a problem. Alas I did not take photos of the vehicle (I do now!!). So since then have bought the extra insurance. This insurance from an internet company may be the way to go if anyone hires a car more than once in the year!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy