Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transfer from Chambery to Meribel Mottaret's Chalet Natalia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
I wonder if someone can help. I have a stress every year we go snowboarding, as I travel on the coaches really badly, feel sick and need to go to the loo! (apologies for being blunt!) We go in a big group and have had short transfers to St Anton the past two years (1hr 15mins, which is still pushing it for me!)

This year I thinking the winner vote is going to be go by Meribel Mottaret's Chalet Natalia. My boyfriend and I can go into Chambery (they are all planning on flying in from Geneva) but it is showing really variable transfer times from between 1hr 15mins, to 2hrs 1/2.

Has anyone been from Chambery to Meribel Mottaret/ the heart of Mottaret and know how long it took them? or alteratively how much further is Motterat from Meribel?

Second bit of question, the other option (apart from St Anton, but I don't think people will vote for it a 3rd year running is Les deux alpes. (The Chartreuse, near the Diable Telecabine) We would be flying in from Grenoble and then transfering to Les deux alpes. Does anyone know how long this takes on the transfer coach and if there is a train into it? (but don't think it is that easy to book trains in advance?)

Don't really want to be taking some mad medication to get me on the coach, but don't really want my boyfriend to go without me! He says if it comes to it he won't go, but its quite good fun on a group holiday, and I like the apres and free wine, so don't really want to miss out. If I knew they'd keep the toilets open, and have them, i'd feel better, but the last few coaches have had them locked.

Please help, I think they are deciding in the next few days, but I'd really like more information before i decide whether to pay or pull out.

Any information would be great.

Hannah
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes. The times given are absolutely right. It all depends on traffic and road conditions.

Meribel to the bottom of Mottaret is about 10 minutes. About another 10 minutes to the top.

Grenoble to Les 2Alpes is around an hour and a half as well on a good day. Not much in it then. You can't get to 2Alpes by train as far as I know.

Mottaret has superb piste skiing.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
squeakyhannahuk, welcom to snowheads, have a look at my site for details on travel etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
squeakyhannahuk, welcome to snowHeads snowHead How are you with trains rather than coaches? Would it be possible to look at resorts with train transfers available?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
squeakyhannahuk, welcome to snowHeads! I sympathise with you - not great on coaches myself. That's why, when I worked in the Alps for a season as a resort rep (entailing the weekly coach trip to and from Geneva) I chose Verbier, 'cos it's close. Chamonix is close too, as is Morzine, for instance. But one other thing struck me in your post -
Quote:

Don't really want to be taking some mad medication to get me on the coach
A decent travel sickness pill isn't 'mad' - I munched the damn things like smarties when I was a kid (used to have family holidays which involved horribly long drives) and I gather they're much better now. Maybe one of the snowHead pharmacists will be along in a minute, to advise you on a good one that won't make you feel too dopey.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
squeakyhannahuk,

How are you going to work this... ? you could get the train from Chambery to Moutier and then bus up to Motteret..that would be in the region of 40 mins or so on the coach, I'd say.

L2A is around 90mins from Grenoble via coach, IIRC
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
squeakyhannahuk, As JT says, you could take the train to Moutiers, then maybe a taxi from Moutiers to Mottaret? Taxi would take arond 30 minutes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
squeakyhannahuk, Welcome to snowHead s

Copious amounts of free wine is good, however dont expect France to give you the same apres ski scene as St Anton!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
squeakyhannahuk, Grenoble to Les Deux Alpes is about 2 hours but more, up to 3 1/2 in saturday ski season traffic. The transfer coach I did it on this year had no loo which I thought was taking the ...er... mick a bit. Like most high purpose built resorts the last 30 minutes is up a hairpin bend mountian road spoo
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
squeakyhannahuk, welcome to snowheads!

Would you seriously consider not going on the trip because you're worried about the coach journey? If so I think you maybe need to address the problem - your issues with coaches, rather than choose a resort based on the transfer time. I absolutely hate flying, get painful ears and sometimes sick, but would never let it stop me going to see all the amazing places in the world. I just grin and bear it, and accept the fact i may get sick...

OK, travel sickness - as Hurtle, says what's wrong with travel sickness pills? They are surprisingly affective! Or have you tried travel bands?

Needing the loo - is this a medical problem (if so see a doctor), related to feeling sick, or just a psychological thing as you worry about the coach journey? If it's either of the latter I'd say you need to face the fear and carry an emergency bag...

Perhaps get some counselling? You shouldn't let a fear like this stop you doing things!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hello
Appreciating the replies. At least hopefully Meribel isn't going to be too far. If I get stressed I need the loo, its all pyshological. Doc's can give me depression tablets to help (I am by no means depressed!) but I think it numbs your feelings. I am a bit rubbish on the slopes as well and survived St Anton having whisky with breakfast! I think I'll go if its Meribel but prob not if choose Les2alps and we'll just go with another group.

I'll have a think about the trains and stuff mentioned as well.
Thanks
Hannah

ps anyone know if there are wide tree lined blues in Meribel? x
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

ps anyone know if there are wide tree lined blues in Meribel?

Oh yes!

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy