Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet feb half term 2010 just released

Poster: A snowHead
In case anyone's intested
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that much earlier than usual?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is - I think it was June last year Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sneaked that one out. Booking up to end February. Xmas , New Year, January on sale too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How are the prices looking? I haven't flown the Big Orange one for a few years so don't know what their peak prices are like.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wayne, just tried Geneva and Salzburg for January 2010 and there not loaded yet?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cashflow hurting @ the big orange?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
radar,
what can you do eh wink - I only ever look at the Italian flights. I'm told that for some strange reason some people actually try and go skiing outside of Italy (not sure if this is true though Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gatwick to Geneva, Easyjet, only appear to be there till October 2009 so far.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I noticed the Manchester flights were out last week - much earlier than last year. Means some hasty planning and decision making, though!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pamski,
From
http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=83

"Our schedules are usually released in stages, around three to four months before the end of the existing schedule. "

This should mean they would be available around July.
But not sure about the dates and they will not tell you so its just a matter of keeping checking back on the easyjet it now and then

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 30-03-09 17:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, was looking for a change from Switzerland and France, maybe Italy might be the place.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
radar,

Was only joking - 3 valleys is a brill place for a whizz (best place in the world IMO for off piste with a coffee nearby) and Zermat is stunning
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone know the half term dates for next year?

Thanks

Nikki
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NIKKIWHITE,

http://www.folgarida.co.uk/folgarida_Half_Term_Holidays_Dates_2010.htm
ski holidays
Wayne, Also noticed that the Liverpool to Innsbruck flights from 20 Dec 2009 onwards are now available Madeye-Smiley
latest report
NIKKIWHITE, have a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51104#1203348
ski holidays
Feb half term Newcastle to Geneva £250 Shocked return. Same for Liverpool to Innsbruck. Other times (naturally) from £16 each way.

I guess they'd call it supply & demand - I'd call it a complete rip off.
snow report
mountainaddict, was a lot cheaper than that when I checked it out earlier today. Fortunately we don't need to go at half term, but I've put my holiday requests in at work for New Year.
snow report
Quote:

I'd call it supply and demand. They wouldn't be able to offer the cheap prices unless someone was paying higher ones and everyone was desperate to go skiing the same week. Either Christmas or Easter (despite the questionmarks over snow, not that there's been a problem the last few years) are preferable to half term.
snow report
Just priced Xmas week fron Liverpool to Geneva.

Family of 4, 3 bags no insurance - around £180 more expensive than what I paid last year ! Don't they know there is a credit crunch on.

I think I'll leave it until October like I did last year.......
ski holidays
don't seem to have released the London flights...

I agree with kendadj, wait til later in the year and the airlines will be paying us to fly...
ski holidays
It certainly seems likely that capacity will continue to be shed - there have already been a lot of flights pulled this year. Including BA flights. So although I've booked Manchester/Geneva for Christmas week, for our family, I used a credit card and would not be surprised if the flights don't materialise.
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Feb half term Newcastle to Geneva £250 Shocked return. Same for Liverpool to Innsbruck. Other times (naturally) from £16 each way.

Of course it is supply and demand.

As Helen Beaumont said, prices started lower than that, but obviously there have been people wiating for them to be released and booked up immediately, thus already pushing prices up due to demand.
snow report
mountainaddict, I'd call it supply & demand - I take it your not too bothered that their seats have to be cheaper at other times. I doubt if most would want the airline to go bust offering the seats cheaply. To some extent, revenue from high-demand times balances that from low-demand dates.

Just a thought, at those prices, trains start to become attractive.
ski holidays
achilles, mountainaddict lives up in the North East I think. Trains are not really a practical option by the time you change several times. It would be easier IMO to drive.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, fair point. I am finding that for the French Alps, train all the way is an option - just - from Lincolnshire. But I can see that from much further afield it isn't. I'd go along with driving - though if there are less than 3 in a car costs per person are a bit steep - or were last time I looked into it.
latest report
BMI baby have released their winter schedules also.Worth a look if you want to get in there now.
Has anyone ever waited and got a better deal nearer the time with flights?
They never seem to come down other than the odd £10 off type promotion IMO.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Has anyone ever waited and got a better deal nearer the time with flights?

With easyJet you can get a credit if the flights you've bought have come down (which does sometimes happen)
ski holidays
pam w, yup. I guess the airlines are releasing their flight schedules so early so that they can take revenue and improve their cash flow. I also guess some flights will disappear from the schedules as the flight dates draw close - ie I think there will be some consolidation.
latest report
Bristol flights are now up. I just paid £24.99 each way to Geneva for half term but price is going up rapidly.
snow conditions
casnbs wrote:
Bristol flights are now up. I just paid £24.99 each way to Geneva for half term but price is going up rapidly.

Wow, that's pretty good for half term!
ski holidays
I couldn't believe it - I have never got them that cheap before. Mind you I have never booked so early either.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy