Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Absolute Zero

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bet none of you thought this was possible, but it is now official: the absolute zero exists on this planet...in a natural environment.. (See below, top left corner)
In Andorra of all places!

I am hoping it will have warmed up a tad when I get there in about 10 days... I am told movement is a bit difficult at those temps and that the snow might be a bit icy... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
let's hope the snow isn't supersolid! have a fab time.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kruisler wrote:
I bet none of you thought this was possible, but it is now official: the absolute zero exists on this planet...in a natural environment.. (See below, top left corner)
In Andorra of all places!

I am hoping it will have warmed up a tad when I get there in about 10 days... I am told movement is a bit difficult at those temps and that the snow might be a bit icy... Toofy Grin

but will you be able to get away with a £50 jacket from the likes of D2B or is only a £500 jacket going to keep you warm enough?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett,
We'll find out soon enough. I am in the £50 category! Toofy Grin
As a back-up I am writing to NASA for any discarded space suit..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At least static build up on the ski bases wont be a problem, everything will be a superconductor!. Be careful on the chairlifts, they might be a bit brittle (so might eveything else including you)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
absolute zero is -273.15 and your webcam says -273.5. -273.15 is theoretically possible to that number of significant figures, -273.5 is not, this is the only firm evidence you have that the webcam is wrong.

I remember a previous thread showing a webcam showing a temperature of below -173K, could this be a new tactic by the tourist board to convince people that the resort really is snowsure?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rambotion wrote:
absolute zero is -273.15 and your webcam says -273.5. -273.15 is theoretically possible to that number of significant figures, -273.5 is not, this is the only firm evidence you have that the webcam is wrong.

And there was I..thinking my name was about to appear in the history books as the person that discovered that Grau Roig was the coldest place on earth...possibly the universe... Sad

Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Might be a little tricky getting your breath back at 228.5 mbar as well Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yoda,
Good point... That would just make my blood boil!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The snow will be perfect; since it will not even have rhought about melting, it won't be even slightly icy. Whether ir will be skiable or not, I' not sure. It won't change much when the pressure of your skis is on it, so it may be a very different skiing experience.
Wrap up well!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, very interesting mechanics at or near absolute zero. If you consult Spyderjon, and get the right wax, your skis may have no friction over the snow. Fabulous. A full report when you get back, please.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy