Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chambery & rail transfer to Moutiers???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if there is a rail station at Chambery airport? On the timetables it gives the station as Chambery Challes Les Eaux, is this at or near the airport? Also does anyone know the approximate cost of the train ticket one way from Chambery to Moutiers?

We are a group of 17 (8 adults, 9 kids Shocked Laughing ) and need to transfer to Moutiers for one night before going up to La Tania the following day, we had thought we'd do this by train, although I am also looking at Altibus too.

Thanks for any info, alternative suggestions snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sarah, No, there is no rail station at Chambery airport. THe airport is about 10-15 mins to the train station by car. Chambery to Moutiers by train is around 10-15 euros, depending on when you travel, and takes around 1 to 1.5 hours depending on the train and how many stops it has.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Patch, thanks a lot!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, you can get the Altibus, I think they all stop there. Bus ran on time and was comfy....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
arv, thanks, we can get the Altibus for the return then, but I have just checked and on the way out we are arriving on a friday and they only operate at the weekends at this time of year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah, really? that's rubbish. I had to wait 4 hours in Chambery airport for my transfer, you DO NOT want to be waiting in Chambery airport for any length of time especially with kids.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, a mate of mine did this route last week on a Monday - all went like clockwork.
He didn't stop in Moutiers - got a taxi to VT.

He flew in from Manchester on Jet2 I think, shared a taxi to Chambery train station with some other people he met on the flight then got the train.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What's the best way to get from Moutier's to Val Thorens? Taxi or Altibus? I'm travelling on my own. Thanks Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have had a few family do the journey. They found it easy to get a taxi to Chambery railway station, but on one occasion on IIRC a Sunday morning it was almost impossible to get a taxi back to the airport. The train itself is efficient. The cost to Bourg st Maurice was about 20 euro including a shared taxi

May I suggest that since there is a large party of you you book your taxi to and from the Gare well in advance.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I forgot to mention that the fares are on thhe SNCF web site
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For a group of 17 I think that you'll probably find that a private transfer is easier and cheaper to get to Moutiers than a taxi+train combo. Loads come up if you google but you could start by looking at Cool Bus and Ski 4 fun transfers.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snow and Sunshine, Beat me to it! www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk are doing some special offers at the moment and also offer snowHeads discount!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Guys please see post at 15.09, a newbie has resurrected my very, very old thread! No more group of 17 travelling by rail to Moutiers, thankfully Laughing

Oh and welcome to SHs going bananas sorry I can't offer any suggestions to your request but someone will snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy