Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early(ish*) season (*pre-Xmas)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This season's not over yet but I have my eye on a very early (for me) trip for next season, w/c 12th Dec. I know the Espace Killy usually opens early doors and as we love it it's high on the list, but does anyone have any views on either Alpe d'Huez or La Plagne (1800)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nbt,
Quote:

but does anyone have any views on either Alpe d'Huez or La Plagne (1800)?

No but why decide early? Early season conditions are highly variable and 'reliable resorts' can have far dodgier conditions than other resorts where the snow has fallen. It really is a good time to wait and see where the snow falls unless you want to go for a specific course or something.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, For the last 3 out of 4 winters we have had some of the best snow and quietest pistes of the season for the week before Xmas in ADH. I would say it is worth the gamble...I wouldn't leave it too late to book either as we were completely full this year for that pre-chirstmas week and it was all booked quite well in advance!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
katski,
Quote:

quietest pistes of the season

Quote:

I wouldn't leave it too late to book either as we were completely full this year for that pre-chirstmas week and it was all booked quite well in advance!

You personally may have been fully booked but if the resort was it would hardly be quiet on the pistes. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is my blog entry from Espace Killy opening weekend. Great snow, pretty much empty slopes Smile I'd say don't bother boking your accommodation, just book your flights then follow the snow. Prior to Christmas I don't think you'll have any problems finding accommodation at the last minute.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar wrote:
No but why decide early?

£10 lift pass offer @ igluski.com. Given that an espace killy lift pass is notmally £200, that makes it worth considering at least Smile

Espace Killy is favourite it must be said Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nbt wrote:
T Bar wrote:
No but why decide early?

£10 lift pass offer @ igluski.com.

Shocked What are the Terms & Conditions (can't believe I typed those words Wink) for that offer?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dunno to be honest, been too busy at work to call them and find out. it's on their homepage. seems to be for trips w/c 12th dec. flights mostly ex-Gatwick, but a few from Manchester. Early Season Bash anyone?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt,
Quote:

£10 lift pass offer @ igluski.com. Given that an espace killy lift pass is notmally £200, that makes it worth considering at least

Espace Killy is favourite it must be said

A very good reason too.
La Plagne would tempt me due to its much greater quantitiy of tree skiing than Tignes . Don't know what its record is pre xmas though.

Hmm just looked at the SCGB historical data A d'H and Tignes look significantly better for that week than La Plagne
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

La Plagne would tempt me due to its much greater quantity of tree skiing than Tignes

"Fir" enough - but Tignes would tempt me at that time of year as it's 3-600m higher than the tree runs of La Plagne so is much more likely to have decent snow. If the blizzard sets, in there's a few long tree runs at Val d'Isere (La Daille). Worst case scenario - ie lack of snow - would be also sorted by the glacier at Tignes.....

There are also lovely tree runs at Les Arcs (above Peisey Nancroix) - but on balance, all a bit low to book for December.

As for the "book your accommodation now" stuff, I'd agree wholeheartedly with rob@rar: you can turn up anywhere in the Alps at that time and find accommodation easily.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy