Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report ... La Combe de le Veliere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scribblings from The Tarentaise .. La Combe de la Veliere (Powder Version) (La Plagne)

March 25th 2009

Photos aren’t brilliant today and a little scarce in number as it’s fast .... rolling eyes I am almost sick with hyper-excitement (Medication may be required ... Toofy Grin ) as we jump into bowls of HUMUNGOUS POWDER ... Very Happy snowHead Permission to jump for joy, whoop & holler and shout HURRAY in an extremely loud voice ... Laughing

It’s another Francois Allemoz day, with great French friends and snowHead Sara. Cry HAVOC ... ! and loose the Powderpups ... Toofy Grin as we descend towards Champagny-en-Vanoise en-route to Roche de Mio. We push forwards on the chairs - urging them to greater speed in a desperate bid to reach the sommet quicker .... immediately if not sooner ... Laughing

We positively leap into the untracked couloir on the South face of Roche de Mio & although the top 20m or so is classified as ‘marginally undesirable snow’, below 20m is divine, fluffy, feathery, delectable, knee-to-thigh deep powder ... WHEE ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

We are now in La Combe de la Veliere ... and WE ARE ALONE ... snowHead

Mein Gott in Himmel ..

Snowhead Sara in silent thanksgiving prayer ... Laughing

Our private Paradise ...

I have a teensy-weensy Negative Event ... but purely intentional of course .. to explain the concept of snowHeads to our French friends .... AND I get hugged by a gorgeous French girl .... who doesn’t like those nasty boys poking fun & laughing at me ....

Look far ahead ....

Lauric & Cedric ... “I say .. I say .. “ ... or French equivalent ... Toofy Grin

The Main Man ... “It’s very steep down now” ...

We amuse the natives and find another guide ... Laughing

.... AND I am given a Genepi toast today, to celebrate Ireland’s great, brilliant, indescribable and humungous Grand Slam victory ....
We are VERY LUCKY BUNNIES .... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy