Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy - You're in control ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK - off to Val D'Isere next Thursday for a 3 night stay ...

Planning to board (me) / ski (wife) as follows :

Day 1 - 2 hours (due in resort at 2PM)
Day 2 + 3 - full days
Day 4 - 4 hours (need to be on way to Geneva by 2PM)

Where would you ski each day? Want to cover as much mileage as possible Puzzled .

Thank you

Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
franga: I assume you've never been before? So would suggest as follows:

Day 1:Some lifts will be open until 5pm-ish so if you get one of those you can ski until about 5.30 Very Happy .
Head up Solaise via the fast chair. Then head up and over to the area above Le Fornet - the area marked on the Val D map as 'Ski D'Ete' is usually deserted but offers fantastic cruising runs on Val D's best snow. To finish, ski all the way back down to Le Fornet and get the free bus back to Val D centre.

Day 2: AN EPIC DAY OUT COVERING ALL THE AREAS OF ESPACE KILLY(!!) Start above Le Fornet ('Ski D'Ete') for a couple of warm up runs then:
1. Retrace your steps from day 1 and ski up and over from Le Fornet and then down Solaise.
2. Get big gondola up Face de Bellevarde & ski down to Tommeuses chair. From the top, ski down to Grande Motte Funicular at Val Claret.
3. Take Grande Motte funicular then cable car to top of Grande Motte. Ski down to Tichot Chair at Val Claret.
4. Head towards Aiguille Percee (above Tignes) via Tichot, Grattalu etc chairs.
5. From Aigulle Percee ski down to Les Brevieres.
6. Get gondola out of Les Brev. Then Aiguille Rouge chair. Ski down to Tignes le Lac.
7. Take big Aeroski gondola out of le Lac to top of Toviere.
8. From Toviere ski down to La Daille.
9. Take La Daille Funicular to top of Le Face. Finish the epic day on the Le Face downhill run.

NB: If you get concerned about timings to get back to Val D, from Tignes you are never THAT far from connecting back to Val d'Isere. The key lifts are FRESSE from Val claret and AEROSKI from Le Lac.

Day 3/4: Ski the runs which looked fantastic but you didn't ski on day 2!!!!

By the way, if off piste guiding is your thing, I can recommend Alpine Experience. Great value and British guides. Here you go: http://www.alpineexperience.com/offpiste.html

Have fun. You will!! Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainaddict,

Thanks for taking the time to write all this - much appreciated!

Can't wait!

Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have over 300km of pistes in the Espace, all currently open. Get a piste map & follow your nose. Just be on the nasty side of the mountain when the links shut at 5pm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If the weather closes in it's actually 'Tufs' that runs - so if you can only see one lift moving up the val d side of tignes, head for tufs Wink

What level are you guys at? Can tune our answers a little then.

We are just back btw and conditions are fabulous, it put down well over a foot while we were there, glorious (if windy!) conditions all week.

aj xx
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
a.j.,

Thanks for your relpy,

I board, my wife skies - we are comfortable on most stuff (on piste) so think we've chosen well ...

Have primarily spent our snow weeks / weekends in the 3Vs, St Anton, Whistler and Banff so looking forward to something new!

High pressure due to establish itself by middle of next week so prospects look good.

Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy