Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luhta Ski Wear?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever picked up any Luhta ski wear relatively cheap? I quite fancy getting some Luhta gear or maybe even some Ice Peak (which I've seen on a few websites) but the prices I've came across have all been a bit steep.
Any tips on where I should look for some good prices?

Thanks
Leila
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ditzydiva, wife bought a Luhta ski jacket from TK Maxx and it was fine. Seemed pretty decent quality to me
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Being as all your previous posts have been spam for a particular retailer I recommend you try them first as I have a suspicion they may be a stockist.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excuse me? Just because I recommended a store where I have purchased things from in the past in previous posts does not make me a spammer for their store!
I've checked all my usual websites to see what they have, but as I said the prices were too steep so I thought I would ask for some advice on the board.

Thanks for the reply boabski, I'd prefer not to purchase online this time, as I'd like to physically try the item on to see how it fits. So TK Maxx might be a good place to start. I appreciate your help Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ditzydiva, Why didn't you try the site you've always "recommended" in the past then, they do stock both brands as I thought they would. You've even "recommended" their chalet too. I'll leave it up to everyone else to make up their own minds about your motives.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As I said, it's too expensive for the price I was looking for. I did recommend their chalet, mainly due to the fact I received their brochure with my order, saw the Chalet advertised, liked the look of it but unfortunately couldn't get any time off to go there.

In future I will watch what I post as obviously you like to stalk people?? Scary.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi again Leila!

there are few websites selling Ice Peak (Outdoormegastore and headtothehills) but i'm not sure if they have shops, they don't really have much of a range though. I'd also mention that skiwearless has both brands your looking for but don't want to as I might get accused of being a spammer for all three shops!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Snow Bunny,

Thanks, I'll give outdoormegastore a call and see if they have an outlet near me Smile

Leila
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Leila, Luhta is pretty expensive... one way or the other. It's considered a bit more fancy mark in Finland. Ice peak on the other side is quite cheap, but still really good quality... but even this is changing with Icepeak getting some more of a brand name.
Personally my pick for skiing clothes is Halti. It might look a bit less fancy then Luhta, but design (not so much colors and stuff, but usability) is much better for my taste.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ditzydiva, so it's just coincidental that skiwear4less sell everything you've ever posted about?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i was so lucky. I found some Luhta coats on BEYOND THE RACK. 99$ coats. I purchased one in a 36 and one in a 38 and both seem to fit great. I was going to send one back, but at 99$ how can I not keep them. These are 500$ coats. They have real fur on the hood. Beyond the rack sometimes has the same items that did not sell, so they might have them again. If you want to join it (free to join) you can check it out here. Smile
Blush
http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite/B6C078CA
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a Ice Peak jacket & stallopets. Bought them over similarly priced HH gear as they had better specs. Was skiing in -26ºC last year and apart from my head I didn’t feel cold.

Jacket from memory was £130 and stallopets were £90. They sold the stuff in the resorts and it was the same price as the UK

I would purchase again. Have a look at Iguana in TK Maxx their stuff isn’t bad and its reasonably priced.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy