Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mountaineering Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going on a Ski mountaineering trip this April. We have a guide and it will involve glacier travel and probably some fairly technical stuff.

I'm not covered by my direct travel insurance which specifically excludes ski mountaineering and glacier travel. Can someone reccomend a rescue insurance package ?

I'm thinking about a BMC policy. Any experience ? thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Austrian Alpine Club membership comes with rescue insurance and is pretty cheap - you need to make sure there aren't any other holes in your cover

BMC is very comprehensive but you may be able to do cheaper if you piece it all together yourself
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe not the cheapest but Snowcard certainly understand about ski mountaineering. They have 7 different levels of sports activity.

http://www.snowcard.co.uk/pages/index.asp

http://www.snowcard.co.uk/pages/policy_activity.asp
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Arno, I was just looking at Autrian Alpine Club membership. I'll look even further into it. Thanks !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter S, I recently used http://www.etravelinsure.com/index.htm for cover for a skydiving holiday and I see they do off piste and rock climbing in their list of hazardous activities,

See http://www.etravelinsure.com/travel_insurance_sports_activities.htm
plus I was able to de-select baggage and cancellation cover that I had on another general travel policy... but I see they have put skydiving in its own special (more expensive) catagory now...
Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Peter S wrote:
Going on a Ski mountaineering trip this April. We have a guide and it will involve glacier travel and probably some fairly technical stuff.

which country?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used Snowcard.co.uk a few times - for ski touring & mountainbiking. Prices are reasonable.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use Dogtag - their extreme-sports covers just about everything.

One note of caution however: their 3 levels of cover have £100, £200 & £300 excess (which I guess is reasonable if you're going to be heli'd off in the Himalayas Shock ) - so the extreme-sport cover is the £300 excess...

What I'd overlooked is I'd taken out an annual cover to include summer hols as well as ski-mountaineering & piste skiing, so any claim (even on a low risk holiday) would still carry the same excess, which could be a bummer...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BMC no question.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ihave used Dog Tag recently, although not for specific mountaineering trips. I have never found much useful feedback about their service so don't feel entirely comfortable with them! Assuming they live upto their aparrent offer, they are very good value.

I have always used BMC when I was doing really exciting stuff. They are thoroughly tested and relliable.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
French insurance is more often cheaper and gives better cover for this type of thing. The best option out there in my opinion is this
http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/assurance
25 euros for the basic cover.
If you want to go over 4000m then take the altitude/distance option at an extra 38 euros.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy