Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zurich to Arlberg (probably Stuben) - best transfer option?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have been to St Anton 4 times, Obelrech twice and most recently Stuben. Have flown into Innsbruck in the main, as this is the best airport to get to Arlberg from, although not that easy to get to from Scotland (ie only one flight per week at c.£275). Have just noticed that BMI do daily flights to Zurich from Edinburgh and I know through speaking to folk on chairlifts etc that the Zurich train is pretty good. I've also noticed that there is a bus from Terminal 2 at Zurich that takes you to Arlberg and stops in Stuben. Other alternative would be car but potentially there could be 10 or even 14 of us going 2nd Jan for a week so I would rule that out (plus I'm not too keen on paying for snow chains etc)
Question is, in your experience is the train option better or bus? Could consider private transfer like we have done in past from Innsbruck but would probably rule out on cost basis as Zurich is 200km away, compared with 110km from Innsbruck.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, Arlberg express will drop you off at Stuben - fantastic service for 75€ euro return. Definitely the best option if your flight times work with their scheduled services.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27, cheers. I'll get in touch with them to get the score as I have a feeling that the buses may be more linked in to BA London flights for example, rather than BMI from Edinburgh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn't know about the bus. red 27, is there a website?
I have travelled by train from Zurich to Arlberg before. While it is a convenient service, the trains were usually pretty full (which I think is partly due to how the advance booking system works - fill the cars one by one...) and not particularly suitable for ski carriage as luggage space is limited.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there is indeed...

http://www.arlbergexpress.com/EN-en/start.aspx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've gone by both bus and train to St Anton. Both were fine.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always use the train from Zurich to St Anton. Station at the airport and connection with an OEC train at the HBf. No probs getting seat reservations or finding space for skis & luggage.

Stuben might a bit different. You would probably get off at Langen and then swap to a bus or taxi. That might make the Arlberg Express more convenient.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy