Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking Late Deal - Need Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hello to all.

Going skiing again on the 11th April but haven't booked anything. We usually book everything individually but there are only two of us this time so its working out cheaper for us to do a package. We have been looking at the First Choice website and they seem to offer the best deals. However, deals for skiing next week, 28th march are very good, but for the 11th of april, the exact same deal, to same resort, same accomomadtion is nearly twice as expensive. I know that this is because next week is immenent so they are trying to sell off these holidays.

So, my question is basically this. Does anyone know from there own experience whether i can expect the holidays on my desired day of the 11th of april to become cheaper as the day gets nearer? I could book it now but when i see how much it would cost me for next week i feel like im getting a bad deal, even though its not. Also, the holidays for next week decreased by £100 overnight, from yesterday to today.

So thats my query, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bodhi, prices won't have dropped as far yet for the April dates,, becasue it is the Easter holidays.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
can i expect them to drop as far, obviously the week before if they're not sold out?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bodhi, I suspect they may not go as far, as families may be taking holidays then
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks helen
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It depends whether you want to be sure of your resort and accomm or you're happy to take anything at the last minute...

As you get closer the prices drop futher but availability gets less...

When the price of your chosen holiday gets to the price you're happy to pay.. book it... and then stop looking..

Have a look at http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/
http://www.silverski.co.uk/ and
http://www.rocketski.com/index.aspx
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bodhi, As above, the reason 11/4 is not coming down is not really because it's a few weeks off, but because it's Easter. The snow is so good, that people who simply couldn't find anything for the manic half term week, but are tied to school holidays, are now looking for weeks of 4/4 and 11/4 - very busy, very popular Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bodhi, I've been late booking for a couple of years now and this year I'm stuck to the Easter hols. There isn't as much out there as i thought there would be. Find something you like the look of and get hold of it. Neilson have some decent offers on at the mo. Good luck
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for all the reply guys. cant wait
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Also some good deals with ski amis - www.skiamis.com
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.yseski.com - amazing company and Val D'isere is just stunning

Otherwise, just go onto www.ifyouski.com or www.crystalskizone.com - booked through the latter for ADH on this coming Saturday and got it £200 cheaper than brochure each for four of us. Speak to Fritz and he'll sort you Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's down to capacity.. this week in peisey-vallandry is empty.. but I'm sure both w/c 4/4 and 11/4 will be busier...

when is easter anyway???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bertie bassett, Easter Sunday is 12th April, but many schools are breaking up on 3rd so the next two weeks are busy in ski resorts
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you haven't booked yet, there is a great bargain with ski miquel to Alpe d'heuz

March 28th to Alpe d'Huez in France: ski in Ski out Chalet-hotel: last minute price of only £199. Do not miss out on this incredible offer: flight transfer, half board, ski guiding

http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/lateDeals.asp

We just had a great holiday with them in Lauterbrunnen and would certainly go with them again... Wish I had some more leave left...

Let us know how you get on... snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How ya wayne. Thats a great deal, wow. Id jump on it right now except im restricted to leaving on 11th of april. This is my predicament. Do i wait till a few days before and bag a last minute deal or do i book now. Unfortunately with it being easter i reckon ill have to book something sooner rathe rthan later but will let you know how i get on. NIce one
ski holidays
WayneC wrote:

March 28th to Alpe d'Huez in France: ski in Ski out Chalet-hotel: last minute price of only £199. Do not miss out on this incredible offer: flight transfer, half board, ski guiding

http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/lateDeals.asp

I wonder if anyone took these deals up yesterday? I hope someone benefited with over £400 off...
latest report
WayneC has said the most important thing - once you've booked it, stop looking! Just be happy with the deal you've got. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy