Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What music whilst skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
When you're skiing which bands / tracks / genres of music do u listen to and why?

I like all sorts of stuff but when skiing tend to opt for more rocky / up tempo stuff....

The following bands / albums seem to get me going and somehow make me ski with more rhythm:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium / Californication
Linkin Park - anything
The Ramones - Chrysalis Years / Best Of..
Nighwish - anything
Within Temptation -Black Symphony
Evanescence - anything
Faithless - Insomnia
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible

plus others....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
None whatsoever - I like to get back to nature when I'm in the mountains. The swish of the skis and the sound of the wind do me fine, I can listen to music back at the chalet or in the bar later.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
no music - the sounds of my skis on snow is enought for me
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like to listen to Status Quo - skiing or not skiing they are the best!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowGod, with you on the Green Day stuff - awesome and definitely gets the blood pumping.....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I only listen to my iPod when I'm on my own as its too anti social when with a group.

I did get to use it over New Year and played mostly Hed Kandi albums. The rhythm is perfect for boarding to.

My all time fave tune to board to is
THIS ONE

If I put that on and close my eyes, I am there, riding at speed on a piste, or zipping through the trees, or tickling the powder on a toe side turn looking up behind me and seeing it all glistening.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bar shaker wrote:
If I put that on and close my eyes, I am there, riding at speed on a piste....

Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jon.L wrote:
bar shaker wrote:
If I put that on and close my eyes, I am there, riding at speed on a piste....

Shocked

As in... I am there instead of here, sitting in my office rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I only listen to my iPod when I'm on my own as its too anti social when with a group.

Agree entirely..... or when the wife starts moaning about it being too steep / cold / hot / slushy / icy / cloudy / choppy / busy / quiet etc etc
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some of the livelier choruses from Bach's Christmas Oratorio go down well, I find, interspersed with Guns 'n Roses. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Silence is golden.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Silence is golden

by Simon & Garfunkel??? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just come back from Avoriaz yesterday and it was Libertines and Dirty Pretty Things for me if I wanted to ram it up a bit. I only ever listedn with one ear piece in though as like to hear teh sound of my skis on the snow also.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No music, I like to hear what's going on around me. However, I don't mind a bit of a sing song on the chairlift... Very Happy
snow conditions
Very rarely listen to music while skiing but last lime out I listened to "only by night 2 CD special edition (it has 7 live tracks extra)" then "Master of Puppets" then my "battery" died Laughing
the only other time I took my mp3 player on the hill it was Sigur Ros.....
snow report
Only listen to music when skiing solo as allready mentioned is anti social .

When i do though - Quadrophenia - The Who Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
If you listen to music while skiing you need a helmet. Your situational awareness is massively reduced. In fact, forget the helmet argument, ban music while skiing.
snow report
Quote:

I like to get back to nature when I'm in the mountains. The swish of the skis and the sound of the wind

... the drone of the lift engines, the beeping of skidoos, the rap music from the snowpark ............ Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard, ban snowparks, lift engines, skidoos and piste bashers (you forgot that one).
latest report
I don't listen to music whilst skiing, I would feel less safe if I did so as if I were listening to music I wouldn't be fully concentrating on my skiing. Also I would lose some of the feedback available to me whilst skiing if I could not hear what my skis were doing/going over so my skiing performance (or lack of it rolling eyes ) would be compromised.
snow conditions
[quote="SnowGod"]
Quote:

Silence is golden

by Simon & Garfunkel??? wink

I don't think so - try the Tremeloes! Toofy Grin

Perhaps you were thinking of The Sound of Silence wink
snow report
does humming the ski sunday tune to yourself count?? or the ride of the valkyries?? Toofy Grin
snow report
The number of people who get on their moralistic high horse about music whilst skiing is equalled only by those who foam at the mouth at the mention of snowblades. Personally, I think they should chill out and listen to some good music. There's nothing remotely antisocial about skiing in a group whilst listening to music. Mute buttons are really quite effective, you know. And if you can communicate with someone else skiing 50m above you - or below you - on a piste you must have an extremely loud voice. wink
latest report
barry, have caught myself humming the latter once or twice... and making the NNNAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH sound of an engine as I go downhill with my arms outstretched like wings. Smile
snow conditions
...I think snowblades are ghey. (ooops, need to pause to wipe away the foam NehNeh )

I prefer to be able to hear what is happening around me, and getting the additional input from hearing what is happening to the skis, so I don't ski with music. That said, I have a favourite memory of a very late afternoon on a local ski hill, with the sun setting and casting long shadows, virtually nobody left on the run, and mountain restaurant on that particular run playing cruisey piano jazz (I think it was Herbie Hancock) through its outside speakers. Very mellow feeling.
latest report
Liking Andy C and the new Prodg album lately...
snow report
This will clearly come as a shock to many of you, but most music players are equipped with a thing called a 'volume control'. This allows the user to regulate the volume of the music entering the earholes such that other sounds may still be easily detected by said aural apparatus.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, and also ban CD players and Ipod docks in cars.... and in bars for that matter (in case you don't hear the guy with the tray of pints sneaking up behind you)..... and why not at home too (you may miss that all important phone call from your gran)....

Hey, if people wanna listen to their ski's etc thats fine by me.... if they wanna listen to music thats also fine....

And in any case the thread was "What music whilst skiing?"... not "Do you listen to music while skiing" or "Should you be allowed to listen to music while skiing" ..... go and get your own thread wink
snow conditions
Various funky house, Steely Dan, Good Charlotte, Rage Against The Machine, or alternatively - whatever TallTone is listening to Toofy Grin
snow conditions
andolini, superb choice. Listening to 5.15 taking out some boarders on the way down the slope Madeye-Smiley Peronally don't listen to music whilst skiing but when we stop for the day, head straigh to the Mooserwirt for some seriously cheesy apres scheisse Shocked
ski holidays
boabski, tried putting some cheesy euro apres on my ipod to ski to wink but it just doesn't sound the same without 12 pints of beer and 1000 germans who've had the same!!
snow report
SnowGod, or you could try this http://www.amazon.de/Sony-SingStar-Apres-Ski-Party/dp/B000W15WBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1237891840&sr=8-1&tag=amz07b-21
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy