Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel around Zurich airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last peice of my trip to St Moritz in a week! Smile Anyone stayed at any of the airport hotels by Zurich airport and have any input and/or comment?

I'll basically just sleep there overnight and flying out of Zurich in the mornig. I'll be arriving late enough to not bother with much of the "facility" but the bed and bathroom...

Amazingly, hotels around Zurich airport cost as much as the Schweizerhof at St Moritz! Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would recommend the Park Inn - clean, modern and have a shuttle bus to take you to/from the airport. The showers are unique. IIRC the shuttle stops running around 9:00 PM, so you may need to take a taxi if you are arriving very late.

The Moevenpick is a very nice hotel and prices are often reasonable on weekends as this mostly hotel caters to business travelers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Ibis is another option with a shuttle I believe
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My company would put us up in the Allegra, its ok but rooms are a bit sterile. Also stayed in the Movenpick and that would be my choice between the two
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks.

The Moevenpick appears quite nice, and quite pricy. Sad

The rest of the bunch are all similarly priced (~100CF). I gather they're all more or less the same...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Park Inn should be nicer than the Ibis (although I have not stayed at that particular Ibis).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks. Reserved a spot at Allegra. Same place as last time. Sterile and sans character. But otherwise clean and efficient.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
abc, planning something similar myself later in the season - are any of these actually in the airport complex? The idea of falling out of bed into the check-in lounge is very appealing given the fact that i have a 7am flight!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno,
Nothing at the airport itself I'm afraid.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The shuttle from Allegra was only about 10 min., give or take.

On the way there, very close to the airport, I saw a Radisson right before we pull into the terminal. I'd say that's your best bet.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just followeing up on this, there is now a spanking new Radisson in the airport itself which I stayed in about a month ago. It's more expensive than the alternatives but it is really rather smart and the extra 30mins in bed might be worth paying for. I was staying a saturday night. I would imagine rates could be considerably higher during the week

It is also worth checking out the frankly bizarre wine tower (non-guests can do this if you have a few minutes to spare) - all their wine is stacked up in a huge tower in the entry atrium and it is retrieved by "wine angels" ie women dressed up as slightly sexy angels who are roped and harnessed up and get hoisted up and down to fetch your bottle. only the swiss etc... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always stay in Zurich within a 500M walk of the station. Get a good price when booking last minute
http://www.hotelcity.ch/cms/index.php

Im in Zurich right now, going to be very warm this weekend 32C !!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've stayed in the McDonalds Hotel (Golden Arches I think it was called). Well-priced and just a short shuttle from the airport. Can't beat a Big Mac and McFlurrie in bed. An electronic bed at that.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Hotel around Zurich airport?

That would be a really big doughnut shaped hotel.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An update on the update.
Stayed in the Raddison and it's great. Very easy to find, and right in the airport.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy