Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing AT "stiff" boots... a bit help..

Poster: A snowHead
As I know I'm doing more and more AT (always "descent-oriented" wink ), as you know is not the best option for your feet to do it always with the Alpine boots..... For 1 or 2 days, is enough, but I decide to invest in an properly AT boots. The problem here in the Pyrenees, it's REALLY difficult to found a shop with the differents models to compare, as I said I'm looking for a boot like: Dynafit Zzeus, Garmont Radium (or Endorphin/Axon), Scarpa Tornado (or typhoon, or skookum, I don't know exactly differences between each one), or also the Black Diamonds.... or another similar in its category.

I suppose that each brand are best fitted to diferent shape of feet, so maybe if you can help me a little then I can do a "shop" research more accurated... Some people tells me that dynafit have a tight fit, others said me that it isn't a problem because they can stretch the boot. Then when I found a shop that have scarpa's they said me NO, dynafit for tight fit, if you have large feets scarpa is the option.... and know I'm a bit confused, I was waiting this season if I can do a trip to the Alps and then buy it in a shop like the zoo or similar, but I think that not possible this year (maybe the easter, but the people who is preparing the trip I think that decide val d'isere or tignes. If you know a good shop there that have good bootfitters and have different AT boots models maybe I'll wait).

Normally in the past I've had "problems" with numb feet due my wide forefoot (aprox dimensions: left:100mm, right 105mm) and also little flat feet (When I was a swimmer these feets help me....nut now.. Shocked Shocked Confused ), last boots normally need a little stretching in the right one.

What do you think about it??? Which shell do you think that will fit better my feet??

The weight of the boot is important but not the most important thing considering that now I'm skinning in a 192cm long, 101mm wide skis and marker duke. And I have in mind a light kit with movement thunder 177cm with FT12 bindings.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's list of touring boots indicating stiffness
http://www.telemarkski.com/html/how_at_compare_boot.html

Garmont boots tend to fit low volume/narrow feet. The fit can vary sometimes even between boots offered by the same manufacturer.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In the pyrennees ow about checking out Telemark Pyrenees?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AlTom,

Don't know re the shell so you may have to PM the Zoo for an opinion....

The Endo's are good and can stiffen up when the backplate /booster kicks in..so it is a decent downhiller, IMV

I run mine with Dukes and ISO soles with a G-fit...and it is a pretty light boot
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a friend who got his Endo's from the Zoo 2 years ago and is over the moon about them still, mainly uses them for downhill. Swiss do a good deal from BCN - GVA, I'm off there again 18th April for just €99 return. Telemark Pyrenees is just over the hill from Andorra, could be worth a trip but advice is to phone them first.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
another vote for Telemark Pyrenees - don't know the roads but would have thought you could do a day trip over there
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ithink Telemark Pyrenees is a e-shop (and a good one!!), but I never been there physically, and I don't know if is a "real" shop, or only a "warehouse" of material to internet selling, and also I don't know that someone can helps me in the boot selection.... Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IME Scarpa do fit a pretty broad foot. I think my forefoot is something like 102mm and my Spirit 4s fit nicely out of the box

pretty sure TP is a real shop too - why not give them a call?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do TP have boots fitters though?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AlTom,It is a real shop not "virtual" I have not been there yet but had an email from "Charlie" telling me that it was approx 1 hour drive from Soldeu where I will be for the next 2 weeks.
By the way they have run out of Endo's and Axons in 26/26.5 but they do have Radiums.

DB, The thermo moulding does eliminate a lot of the boot fitting problems so long as the shell has been correctly sized etc. Or should I say it did for me.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno, I've walked, climbed & skinned quite a few miles in my Scarpa Spirit 4's too & they have been quite comfy out of the box (no footbeds etc) except for a bit of heel-lift on big climbs. Incidentally, I noticed Graham Bell in High Altitude uses them in the episodes involving climbing & skinning.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
moffatross, when i said out of the box, i meant that no mods were necessary to the shell. had the liner baked and put a footbed in - i was in the zoo so i had to make the small one earn his corn
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dypcdiver wrote:
DB, The thermo moulding does eliminate a lot of the boot fitting problems so long as the shell has been correctly sized etc. Or should I say it did for me.

I didn't need my touring boots modifying either but it looks like AlTom needs a boot fitter for stretching work.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, Point taken 5mm on just one foot is quite a lot, Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dypcdiver wrote:
DB, Point taken 5mm on just one foot is quite a lot, Shocked
I said before, I know FOR SURE that telemark pyrenees exist really, but I also know that they do his major busines on the internet, so the thing that I DON'T know is if they have a little bootfitting knowledge to choose the shell and know if you need some modifications, only this thing.... Or they're "only" another store...

not much far away from my home, so maybe I can try it...
ski holidays
AlTom,

Give TP a call, maybe they have a bootfitter local to their store.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy