Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See Info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some advice please fellow snowHead ers....

I'm taking a group of 8-10 to Zell Feb half term 2010 and the pension we usually stay in opposite the city express gondola is fully booked already (those damn tulip growing clog wearers are so organised!!!!!)... We like to stay by this lift as it's close to town for the evenings but you don't have the uphill walk to the lifts in ski boots in the morning and its handy for the lift (onbiously!), intersport, and ski school alpin.....

I wondered if anyone knew of any reasonably priced accommodation in the immediate vicinity which they can recommend? Independent not TO!

Also, we like to fly into Salzburg as it's the closest airport but those thieving b%^tards at Ryan Air wanted nearly £480 per person return saturday to saturday this year (low cost airline my backside!!!!!) so we ended up flying into Munich with SleazyJet which cost consderably less (c£200 pp). I'm expecting similar flight prices next year (totally unfounded expectation but call it a gut feeling... and they'll probably want £1 for going to the toilet by then as well, in which case I shall pea in a bottle and tip it over the pilot as I disembark wink )

I wondered, has anyone ever done Zell via Klagenfurt Airport? If so what's the approximate drive time and what are the roads like in bad weather?

A thousand thank you's in antiicipation of some useful info....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not done Klagenfurt, but Innsbruck is easy, so maybe look at that? I've stayed in a pension up by the lift which was really nice, but i can't recall the name Embarassed Try emailing the tourist office and see what they suggest.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, We usually stay at Hubertus which is lovely and accordingly full!!

Also stayed at Wilhelmina which was ok but nowhere near as nice at Hubertus

Thanks for the inssbruck tip.... is it Liverpool Airport which has flights to Innsbruck?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowGod,

yep, you can fly EJ L'pool to Innsbruck but this season the flights were Sundays and I think Tues and Thurs, but not Saturdays. Can't help with accommodation, sorry, I've only visited that area once and we stayed in Kaprun,

Aneira
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
three pensions close to the city express.....Alpenrose www.pension-alpenrose.com
Annemarie www.mooslechner.at
Haffner www.haffner.at
I have not stayed at any of them so dont know what they are like , but they are close to the city express.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Byron Gates, &Aneira,
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It would take you about 3-4 hours to get from Klagenfurt to Zell, it's a bit of a mission! Munich or Innsbruck would be better (Munich 2.5 to 3 hours, Innsbruck 2 hours). Pension Klothide is nice and very close to City Xpress as well, or you could try the Hotel Eder (no longer takes Tour Operator bookings and is B&B only now).

www.villa-klothilde.at

www.parkhotel-eder.at
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Google route planner is saying 231 km with a time of 2:38 from Klag' to Zell' and 180 km 2:14 for Munich to Zell but winter conditions will probably add a bit onto this. One advantage of Klagenfurt over Munich is that traffic delays are likely to be less and you will be driving in the opposite direction (and coming from the opposite side) to the German & Dutch drivers.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

One advantage of Klagenfurt over Munich is that traffic delays are likely to be less and you will be driving in the opposite direction (and coming from the opposite side) to the German & Dutch drivers.

Good point DB,

Thanks for the info nice, DB,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpenrose was the one that I stayed in. Was very nice snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy