Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens or Zell am See?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure where to book up. There is quite a bit of snow due at Zell over the next week according to snow-forecast.com, and not much in Val. Val has quite a bit already and is much higher, but not sure which would be the best bet. Which would you go for Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When?

You say booking up in the next week, but when would you be skiing?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good point! 28th March for a week
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val T is fine at the moment - great skiing on piste, but heavy off piste
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK.

That is close enough that with the current forecasts, conditions are not likely to change much before you go.

Both have plenty of snow, and almost certainly still will in that week, so it is more down to which you prefer the look of than which has the better conditions. Which will depend to some extent on what type of skiing you are looking for - are you an all-mountain expert looking for gnarly off-piste, or are you a timid 2-3 weeks under your belt looking for blue & easy red pistes? Or most likely, something in between. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ive been skiing since i was about 6-7, so more on the off piste for me (probably not that knarly tho Little Angel ) , however some of the group are a bit rusty as they havent been for a few years, so need to take them into consideration wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VT will probably give your group far more skiing options but IMHO the town is soulless, dead and ugly, and I find that France is far more expensive than Austria... Zell has less terrian but is altogether a better holiday experience in my view... with the snow like it is now, I'd always go for Zell, but then I'm biased cos it's my wifes favourite resort and if she's happy, then I'm happy!!! wink

If you get a decent guide there's plenty of touring around Zell and Kitz... you can ski to Saalbach, Piesendorf and there are several other interestingroutes around the glacier.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy