Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix, 28 March - 4 April... looking for people to join me!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys and gals,

I am really keen to get a final ski trip in befor the snow melts, and have been let down by a couple of people, so now looking for people to join me for a week of fun in the snow! I have a studio apartment on standby and am looking at putting together a group of 4 (3 plus me) for a week of cheap skiing.

I have costed it out... £220pp (based on 4, and including travel, food and accomm). So its just lift pass, insurance and kit hire on top (if r'qd). I am planning on driving, so am looking for people who are laid back and happy to share the driving on the way out there/back. My plan is to leave the UK on Friday 27 (late), and then drive through the night.. arriving in resort in time for a day on the slopes. So all in all we will get 7 days on the slopes, and be back in the UK late afternoon, 4 April. All in all, I reckon £500 tops including everything.

I am more of a first-last lift person than a beer it up all night person.. so if fancy joining me, or need further info then reply to me on here. I am 30 and female.. and welcome replies from people off all ages, abilities and genders!

V.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Veee, good luck with your search, and welcome to snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you! Think I might need the luck as it's fairly short notice! However I know from experience that where there's a will there's a way. Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have just booked Chamonix flight and chalet in Argentiere for that weekend - I am sure there will be others looking still.
I am there for 5 days 26th to 31st and am reckoning £700 all in - single room adds to the cost - but your trip looks a bargain.
Have a great time.

There are also some cheap deal from Chamonix Tourist Office at the moment - white weeks with appartments or hotels including ski pass.

May see you on the slopes!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Veee, looks interesting. So you are in Exeter - driving up through the South on Friday. How big is the car - can it carry peoples kit? Four people in a studio apartment - will be very cosy. I'm keen and would need to know where we could meet up etc.

Thanks for posting - I'm looking for something like this - tell me more, tell me more Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Warrell you're right, it will be cosy!! My take on it is that it's about the slopes, and the accommodation is simply somewhere to sleep.

Yes I would be driving from Exeter - Dover on Friday.. aiming to get to Dover for 8ish. So as you're in Chi I could meet you in Southampton?.. and then take the M3/M25/M20 to Dover. I have a 52 plate mondeo saloon.. huge boot, and I have taken it over to the alps twice before, both times with 4 people and kit. We travelled as light as we could, and shared the driving. It was cosy, but comfortable.

It is also worth mentioning that I have a couple of 'interested' (interested, as opposed to committed) people at the moment. I will need to get committment from people within the next day or so, so that I can either confirm the studio or decline it. One way or another I will be going skiing that week.. either through whatever group I am able to create, or via UCPA which have a fairly good deal on at the moment.

So.. watch this space, and if this group doesn't happen maybe we could do the UCPA thing?

PBJ.. thanks for the heads-up.. maybe we can catch up on the slopes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Veee, I'm going with the UCPA that week. Staying in Argentiere doing the freeride ski course travelling via coach.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Veee, what's the latest? Any details about the UCPA deakl - I'm keen on a trip!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
warrell, Hi... Well I booked and paid for the UCPA, Argentiere, trip.. and then received a call saying that there was no availability!! grrr. Soooo.. I am considering whether to pay extra to do UCPA Chamonix, go to Val D'Isere for the same price, or continue to put together a DIY trip to Cham. In order to make it viable we'd need 3, ideally 4 people. What are your thoughts Warrell? Maybe check out action-outdoors.co.uk (UCPA's UK partners), and let me know your thoughts? I really want to be on the slopes this time next week.. and it's due to snow!!!! Do you know anyone else who would fancy a DIY trip to Cham?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi, I'm looking to go somewhere on 28 March too and am at a lose end and am after something cheap. I'm a guy based in suffolk, done 4 weeks boarding inc 1 week in the 3 valleys last month. I'm also a first + last lift type of person, so I'd like to explore the option here.

I gather many self catered apts based on 4 include a double sofa in the lounge which doesn't suit us solos. So what's the accommodation like? How does £220 break down? How much of that is for travel and food? How would your sum work out if there's 3? While I don't mind doing some driving, I've never driven on the right before, so would be a problem. I guess you've insured your car for any drivers, even in Europe?
If you're considering to pay extra to do UCPA Charmonix, would you consider standard (flights+transfer+accom) packages? I've seen twin/bunk room with London flights, catered, for around £300-£360 but then they're not to Charmonix, where you've clearly set your eye on. But hey £3xx are for places like La Plagne, Mayrhofen, etc where there're more than just 3 runs. And I assume you would like to share a room another female.
The sum I work out is that if there's just 3 doing this self-drive, self catered option, it would probably cost £300 pp anyway.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
erob, Hi... £220 breakdown.. Apartment is 250Euros, road tolls are 130Euros (Rtn), fuel approx £150, Ferry@ 60.. add these up = 590. ( split 4 ways = 147.50, split 3 ways = 196.67) plus food @ approx £50pp self catering, (=197.50 based on 4, 246.67 based on 3). It'll cost me a small amount to add drivers onto my insurance (about £15, which we'll split). So there's the breakdown. Lift passes can be checked out online (http://www.chamonet.com/lift-system/chamonix-lift-pass-prices-winter.htm), and insurance can be picked up for £20ish pp.

Driving on the continent is easy. To pick up on your point about accomm.. it is 2 bunk beds and one sofa bed. Last time I was there we had 4 in out party, and I just slept on the floor, and was comfortable (or so exhausted by the days skiing that I'd have slept anywhere!!). I am open to sharing a package, and to going elsewhere.. but you're right in the fact that I have set my heart on Chamonix. I have a friend who has moved near there, and I would love to catch up with her. Also, I would love to do the Vallee Blanche. But most improtant to me a skiing.. somewhere! Whilst I am considering spending more by doing the UCPA Chamonix option, this would be a last resort.. I get married this year and would get shot for spending even more of the wedding fund! But hey, whatever it takes!

So Erob.. what are your thoughts? And where are you based? Warrell.. where are you at with your thinking on this? If you are both keen then maybe we should set up an email group and take our discussions off here?

Have a great day....

V.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Veee, thanks for the info, I'm going to PM you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Best of luck with the trip guys. I'd so love to go but have other commitments that week Sad Evil or Very Mad . I'm gonna try organise something similar or UCPA a few weeks later. Little Angel
See if you can find some voucher codes for the ferry. I did this for my last trip and saved a few pounds with P&O. Sorry I dont have the code I used. But just do a google search for P&O or sea france voucher codes, discount code, promo codes etc. thats where I got it. Hope you have a great trip.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi,
I`ve a flight to Geneva 28 march return 4 april and are looking for somewere to stay in Cham. If you can`t find a car load of people for the road trip let me know.

I`m a first up last down person and don`t mind sleeping anywhere so long as its got a shower Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RPF, Thanks for the heads-up on the ferry codes.. we're on the same wave length on that one! Best of luck on your trip.. and enjoy the snow when you get there.
erob, Thanks for the PM.. I'll mail you back in a day or so.
bargainbill, Will certainly keep you informed ref accommodation (it's got a shower you'll be pleased to know!!). My initial thoughts are that it is a goer... just depends on a whether I can get a couple of people to join me in the car.. otherwise I'll be joining you on the flight!! Where are you coming from? And are you travelling alone?
warrell, What are your plans?

Hope you've all had great weekends in the sun!

V.
ski holidays
Veee, hmmm, just been offered a job to start on the 6th so need to get in a trip before your scheduled date. I'm thinking of grabbing a few days sometime next week, unless you are able to bring your trip forward to tomorrow?

Cheers

W
snow report
just bumped into Veee at check-in for the Ucpa coach to Chamonix - small world! Have already warned her I'm taking no responsibility for suggesting UCPA if it turns out to be pants.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy