Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glencoe Ski Centre up for sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scotland's oldest ski resort is up for sale because operators say new investment is needed if it is to develop further over the next decade. No sales figure has been given....See snowHeads Buy, Sell and Exchange: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50685#1190065

Source: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1125170?UserKey=
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If Glencoe were marketed properly, then the resort could turn a tidy profit.

It has some steep runs and great scenery.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold, I think they are trying to move the place forward now and have returned the resort to a small operating profit this past couple of years but I totally agree marketed properly it could turn in even more of a profit, it's an awesome place ... but then do we really want the general population to know about it and crowd the slopes ... not sure Puzzled

The sale appears to be a method to gain more funding from the private sector (and perhaps additional funds from HIE who I believe they've approached) in order to modernise and develop the area further for year round visitors. I believe they've costed a gondola system as well as other improvements and also have plans for on-site accommodation and other facilities. Now they've returned Glencoe to an operating profit I guess this must be the second part of their plan to take it forward - I hope they have every success although I think the Cliffy chair should be grade 1 listed and left where it is as a monument to all the generations who have plonked their bums (one at a time) on it Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
having never been there it is only recently that i've heard good things about the place.
hope to get there next season, considering it's only 1.5 hours from home shouldn't be too difficult Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mugen, why next season and not this?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
II wrote:
mugen, why next season and not this?

it's time i'm afraid.. now you've got me thinking.. maybe braehead snow dome thursday and the glen on friday.. hmmm

see look what you've went and done Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thusdays forcast is nice and sunny Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, I just checked http://www.yipadoo.com/scottish-ski-conditions and ski conditions at Glencoe are looking way too like the end of the season, although I reckon there'll be some really nice spring skiing in the sunshine up top, same at Nevis Range probably... and last year all my good skiing in Scotland was after this and well into April, so you just never know! Don't put those skis away yet!

I really hope they find the investment they need, 'cos Glencoe can be awsome on the right day!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone want to go halves on it........ Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And I've just read the very good news that Glencoe ski centre has today been signed over to new business owners and it'll be go, go, go for the upcoming season. Very Happy Very Happy I hope they get a great winter to capitalise on shed loads of boarders and skiers. It's a wonderful place and the Scottish snowsports scene would never be the same without it. Little Angel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Glencoe is go for 2009/2010!
Official press release...

A last ditch agreement between David Campbell and a group of snow enthusiasts headed up by Falkirk business man and self-confessed snow nut Andy Meldrum has assured the future of the Glencoe Ski Centre. Andy is an experienced recruiter, marketer, trainer and public speaker who built his current company, AM-Distribution into a successful international business with distributors in the UK and Southern Ireland.

Drawing on his early experience of teaching skiing and running his own outdoor centre at the Spittal of Glenshee, Andy believes that he and his team, with the support of the local and snow sports community, have the background and commitment to make Glencoe a successful, year-round, destination.

Andy is absolutely delighted to announce that the ski centre will definitely be opening its doors this season and would like to thank David Campbell for his patience during the necessary lengthy negotiations that led to today’s announcement.

Bobby Munroe, resort manager, says “this is really great news for Glencoe snow sports enthusiasts, for Scottish skiing and for local employment. We’ve got a lot of work to do to be open for the start of the season, but we’re all up for the challenge”.

Bobby Williamson, Glencoe ski patrol, who, in the background, played an important ambassadorial role to ensure that Glencoe stayed open, says “the resort with Scotland’s premier ski and snow board terrain and an enviable weather record has been thrown a lifeline”.

To promote the re-opening of the Glencoe Ski centre season passes are being offered at the specially discounted price of £250 (normally £300) until the end of November. For more details give Angela a call on 01855 851226.

In addition to plans for the development and improvement of the facilities for skiers and snowboarders, the new owners plan further development of the resort as a year-round facility; with new mountain bike trails (and bike hire), an adventure play-park, dry ski slope and archery range being on offer for the 2010 summer.

The café also plans to launch its great new re-vamped home baked menu within the next few weeks.

The new owners believe that the best way to safe guard and develop skiing at Glencoe is to explore the possibility of snowmaking to ensure that the centre is less dependent on the vagaries of the Scottish climate. “With this in mind we plan to have a number of weather stations up and running by the start of the season”.

“We have an uphill task ahead of us but with the support of the local community, ski clubs, ski patrol and you the general public, we are certain that we can not only safeguard the future of the resort but improve and develop its facilities.”

We look forward to meeting you on the hill this season.

Andy Meldrum
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic to hear this - every success to Andy Meldrum and everyone involved Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy