Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiing lessons in La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Tania at the weekend for a week. So far have come across 2 ski schools - ESF and Magic. Can anyone definitely recommend one over the other? Not sure whether to go for privatr or group lessons. i am early intermediate with only 2 weeks previous experience. Would it be possible to contact an instuctor direct in the area for personal lessons at a discounted rate?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mmdpkaaa, Hi a couple in our chalet used Magic and thought they were good, try looking on Latania.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi yes, just been in La Tania for a week with two weeks previous experience... went for Magic, class (Level 2) and teacher I had were great. Was in a group lesson though, can't offer any info on personal lessons.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, what time do the lessons start and do u know the price? Also what level did u get to by the end of the week?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, we had lessons starting 11.30 but there are also 9.15 classes - not sure if it depends on level or if both options are always open. More info here: http://www.magic-latania.com/latania-ski-school-ski-adult-group-lesson.php

Our teacher said we would be fine to move up to next level next time; at end of previous week I was happy on greens and had started on blues, at end of this year's week was happy on greens and blues and had started on reds (would have done more practise if weather had been kinder but we were skiing in a whiteout the last two days!).

Hope that helps a bit but if you have any questions give them a call, I found them helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
great that sounds ideal. was thinking of supplementing the group lessons with a one on one private lesson early on in the week aswell. what are the conditions like in La Tania at the moment?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://france.meteofrance.com/france/montagne?MONTAGNE_PORTLET.path=montagneprevisionville/731981

looks better than a couple of weeks ago! I imagine you've got more chance of sun later in the season, but only the weather gods know for sure what they have in store! I'm no expert on what the snow's likely to have done (or not) by now, but here is snow bit of La Tania website: http://www.latania.co.uk/resort/snow.html

Hope you have a great holiday; I loved it!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
just looked on their website - seems lessons are 11.30 - 1.30 sunday-wed and then 9.15-1.30 on thurs and friday is a day off - is this right?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did Mon-Weds 11.30-1.30 rather than starting on Sunday, and then Thurs 9.15 to 1.30 with Friday off. But everyone else in my group had done the Sunday as well... So yep, that sounds right.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
i'll give em a call... who did u use for ski hire and much did u pay if u dont mind me asking? also is a 3V pass necessary or just the courchevel pass?
thanks!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
do.. they're helpful. I used SkiWave for ski hire - they were good, but expensive. Not the only hire place in town so I'd recommend doing more research on that than I did (I just went there because some friends I was with had booked hire there in advance with a Ski Club discount). I ended up paying 96 euros for "silver" skis for a week, which I thought was a lot, especially with current exchange rate. Either your chalet company or Magic might have some recommendations on ski hire. You only need a courchevel pass for ski school but if you think you're likely to upgrade more than once to full 3 valleys it works out cheaper just to get that in the first place - but that will depend on what you and your travel buddies plan to do on your free days... I got full 3 valleys and then didn't use more than courchevel because of the weather, but definitely would have used it all had we been able to see to go further afield! So that doesn't help you much Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
will get courchevel and upgrade as necessary. Ive looked at snowrental.net and they seem to be cheapest coming out at 69euros for standard skis or 79euros for premium skis. not sure which to go for - you can choose which skis u prefer but i dont have a clue about them!!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
oh, that's courchevel only pass for ski school level 2 - above that you do need 3 valleys. but check with Magic...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowrental sound like a good price - I'd ask them or Magic for advice on which to go for, they should be able to judge from what you tell them about past experience
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy