Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double the fun on Paddy's Day at Chill Factore

Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I work for Chill Factore. Just thought the below may be of interest for any forum members in the North West:

To celebrate St Patrick’s Day (17th March), Chill Factore is giving skiers and boarders three hours of fun on the main slope for the price of a one and a half hour session*.

The Alpine village is also celebrating St Patrick’s Day off the slopes with award-winning ice cream parlour, Fredericks, offering a ‘Paddy’s Irish Stout’ ice-cream, created especially for the occasion.

And of course, the après-ski will include plenty of Guinness too! Chilli’s sports bar has Guinness for just £2 a pint and revellers can get a free hat at Wetherspoon’s ‘Castle in the Air’ with every four pints of the black stuff purchased on the day.

Have double the fun at Chill Factore on St Patrick’s Day by purchasing a one and a half hour lift pass at www.chillfactore.com or on 0161 749 2222. Your pass will be upgraded for a three hour session on arrival.

*Terms and conditions apply. Users must meet the Chill Factore recreational main slope standard (visit www.chillfactore.com)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not make it 1/2 price instead !!. Who wants 3 hours in the fridge or this a spin on it being St Paddy's day Laughing Laughing

Welcome to Snowhead's BTW, pity your first post was a blatant pimp for a multi million pound organisation
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel wrote:
Why not make it 1/2 price instead !!. Who wants 3 hours in the fridge or this a spin on it being St Paddy's day Laughing Laughing

Welcome to Snowhead's BTW, pity your first post was a blatant pimp for a multi million pound organisation
Quote:

Who wants 3 hours in the fridge

Well I did!! I did take a short break for a drink though. Thanks jenm, for telling us.

Chillfactore are doing special deals over the summer, 2 hours for the price of 90 minutes and a free session for every 5 paid sessions.

Indoor fridges are a useful alternative for those of us who can only afford one ski holiday a year. Kel, if you haven't got something useful to say then don't bother!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glacier wrote:
Kel wrote:

Quote:

Who wants 3 hours in the fridge

Well I did!! I did take a short break for a drink though. Thanks jenm, for telling us.

Chillfactore are doing special deals over the summer, 2 hours for the price of 90 minutes and a free session for every 5 paid sessions.

Indoor fridges are a useful alternative for those of us who can only afford one ski holiday a year. Kel, if you haven't got something useful to say then don't bother!

I did have something useful to say, this is a forum (you know were people express there views !! ), not a free advertising board for CFe. I am sure that they would be welcome to advertise in the appropriate way on Snowheads.

BTW it was 2 months ago Puzzled Very strange that you have dragged this back up now and are kind of promoting CFe.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel, Maybe you are right, what we could possibly do is keep bumping it and eventualy it will become a joke, just like the famous resort that was all things to all men wink

jenm, and Glacier, may not wish to bring that upon their venture! (That is assuming they have an interest in the hill)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kel, I realise that your post was 2 months ago and I came across it by accident while doing a search on CF. I look at posts for information as do others and I see nothing wrong when individuals provide this.jenm, introduced herself as working for CF, I don't work for the place but use it as often as I can.

I don't think that CF put enough effort into advertising their special deals (2 hrs for 90 mins etc...), so yes I am promoting it. Don't they say 'Use it or lose it'? I for one don't want to lose CF!

Roy Hockley, sorry no idea what you are talking about and please don't explain!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glacier, generally new snowHeads get a welcome even if someone doesn't have something to add to the thread.

Quote:

Looks like a welcome to me (even if it wasn't the soul purpose of the comment). Just so happens that the OP was promoting a multi million pound org.p Kel, can you please refrain from stating the obvious in future, thanks. I happen to agree with Kel, 3 hours on an indoor snow slope would suck on any day of the year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
arv, I don't have an issue with the welcome itself just the comment that followed it. Who knows how many people get put off posting on sites like this with a welcome like that!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If she is just spamming for her employers (whoever made that marketing decision needs strung up) then she definitely isn't welcome. Generally people who are not spamming get excellent welcomes *which you have good experience of looking at your first ever post. So you see, spam=bad reception, genuine request=good reception.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are lots of people who post regularly on here, valued contributions, that as a byproduct promote their organisation well. Maybe that is their sole reason for posting, who knows, but either way they add value to the forum. It's only seen as spam if people's only contribution to the forum is to plug their organisation.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
arv, It is possible that jenm, was spamming for her (or his) employers judging by the format of her (or his) post. Since most of the staff at CF are quite young it is possible that it was an innocent attempt at notifying people of a special event at CF, perhaps not realising there would be an issue about it. As it is Kel, could have waited for a second post before making a judgement. So was she/he spamming or just frightened of? Since jenm, hasn't posted again we will never know.

arv, There has been nothing in my posts to suggest that I was unhappy with the welcome I got when I joined Snowheads so why bring it up?

arv, and Kel, I did point out that I took a break during my 3 hours and I can see that 3 hours on an indoor slope can be boring for some people judging by some of the 'expert in their opinion' skiers I have seen. But for those wanting to learn or perfect new skills it just isn't long enough.

beanie1, thank you for clarifing what spamming means. I don't belong to any other forum and don't post very often so most of the terminology is new to me.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Glacier, beanie1 probably said it a lot better than I did and ''It's only seen as spam if people's only contribution to the forum is to plug their organisation'' sums it up very well. 'Spam' is much more acceptable if you contribute elsewhere on the forum or admin is in for a cut Toofy Grin

I was just pointing out that the majority of snowHeads welcomes are genuine and warm (using your welcome as an example of this) unless they are seen to be 'spamming' where the reception is more frosty.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glacier, Very Happy

Looks like the OP has nothing more to add.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arv, yes beanie1, did say it a lot better. Since it was jenm,'s only post we may never know if the only reason for posting was the intention of promoting CF or have they been put off by the 'welcome' they received.

Roy Hockley, responded with
Quote:

Kel, Maybe you are right, what we could possibly do is keep bumping it and eventualy it will become a joke, just like the famous resort that was all things to all men

jenm, and Glacier, may not wish to bring that upon their venture! (That is assuming they have an interest in the hill)

Roy Hockley, as I said, no idea what that is about but you are obviously trying to poke fun at me! I see no reason why the OP should have anything to add to this thread and neither have I.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In my opinion, if someone doesn't come back and post just because of one comment it is more a reflection on them than it is on the attitude of snowheads.
snow conditions
arv, Yep!

Glacier, Not poking fun at you at all! If you knew this site you will have known that blatant pimping tends to be ridiculed. If you look up previous posts about La Rosiere you will know that blatant advertising did not work. Use the search engine and you will see that the resort has got more than its fair share of verbage. The intent was to make us go and enjoy the fine scenery and skiing but has been turned into a bit of a joke on snowHead s. A shame IMO, but such is life and pimping!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy