Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skis for my lady

Poster: A snowHead
My wife is about 5'4" and weighs in around 9 st. She like to cruise the blues and easier reds with a very occasional foray off piste if conditions suit. She has skied for over 10 weeks but is happy at this level.

Last year I bought her som Rossi Z3 in the decathlon sale but her immediate response was they were a bit heavy and butch.

So now the sales are on I was wondering what pretty skis might suit her ability and style, S&R seem to have good prices on the K2 burnin range, but which one to go for or are there other alternatives at a good price, I.e. sub £200 inc bindings ?

Will consider used if anyone has something suitable.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head Cool One?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Head Cool One?

Good idea..Sweet cos then masmith and his missus will be a bit like his and hers.. Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, yeah they're quite pretty, will look for a deal. If I didn;t already say, they need to be pretty and light Happy Skiing charecteristics are less important, so long as they're not totallly pap
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
oh, any recommedation on size given details above ? I'm thinking something around 155ish but not sure ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hah ha here are the ones I saw at what looks like a good price, does anyone have any thoughts or experience of the K2 nine sweet luv - might they just be a bit too beginnerish ? size 156?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rossi Attraxion 6?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alpinequeen, thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure they're foxy enogh. My local S&R are getting me some K2 sweet luv's in to take a look at, and at £161 they could take some beating. They also match her outfit so that'll please.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Head Cool One?

I'd second those if you want a very light, easy turning ski. My other half has a pair of the older model Cool Thangs and they're as light as a feather.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

I'm about the same size as your wife and i've just bought the Rossignol VooDoo SC80's....LOVE THEM!! I demo'd a set of Salomon Lady's and found them really heavy in the tip and just plain "wrong" for me. I demo'd the VooDoo's and it was like a duck to water!! They are really stable, great on ice and crud and really good in powder.

I'm skiing blue's and black's with no problems at all, even moguls ..... eeeekk!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, forgot to update. Ended up buying the K2 Sweet Luvs, on sale at S&R for about £160, too good a bargain to pass by. The weight/style ticked the first boxes, next week we will find out if they perform OK.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
masmith, I hope you gave her the final decision on which ones to get and didn't just present her with them!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
masmith, Maybe they're lighter now, but the K2 Luvs from a couple of seasons ago were pretty heavy. But they seem to get good reviews on the snow so probably a safe choice.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
they feel damn light, a whole lot lighter than her rossi Z3's anyway, so that's a winner
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have the K2 Tru Luvs and they're fantastic - no complaints at all. I got mine for about £170 at the end of last season (or maybe even the season before?!). I'm heavier and taller than your missus, but mine are 170s - I would normally have gone for something shorter, but was recommended the 170s for my height (5'8") - am also a lovely of all things blue and red!
ski holidays
masmith wrote:
they feel damn light, a whole lot lighter than her rossi Z3's anyway, so that's a winner

Ah I see from the K2 website that Sweet Luvs are a fair bit lighter than the other Luv models. 5 kg compared to 6.5 kg for the Burnin Luvs.
ski holidays
I demo'd a set of K2...???one of the luv's and thought they were really heavy, but it wasn't the sweet luvs'..maybe I should have given them a go. The one's I demo'd were black and grey??

I just bought a set of Scratch BC's on sale....LOVE THEM!

Hope your wife enjoy's her new ski's!!
latest report
As I mentioned before my wife is a comfortable intermediate skier who doesn't look to push any boundaries or try anything too challenging. The skis were perefct for her, solid and stable and seemed to cope reasonably well in the porridge / mash potato that was Meribel in mid April - they coped admirably on the harder pistes first thing in the mornings, but no real icy test presented itself.

But the main selling point was the lightness of the skis (when lugging them around, up and down the gondola ramp for example) and the fact they were pretty lookers. She was very happy with them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy