Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Join in a fundraising Skiathon event for Disability Snowsports!

Poster: A snowHead
Ski out of this world and raise money for Disability Snowsport UK!

I have organised a National Skiathon in the first two weeks of May and asking Snowheads members to rise to the challenge of skiing the distance of some of the highest mountains - in outer space! Ski Slopes all over the UK are participating in this national event to allow local skiers to raise funds and awareness for Disability Snowsport UK, the charity behind the event, who have set three challenges for skiers to choose from.

Those taking part can ski the distance of Mount Huygens on the Moon (3.4 miles), Mount Maxwell on Venus (6.8 miles) or the ultimate challenge of Mount Olympus on Mars at a distance of 15miles. People can take part as an individual or a group, and the charity encourages everyone to make their challenge as original as possible, including dressing up – so look out for skiing Martians at your local slope!

The event will raise funds for the skiers’ and boarders’ charity Disability Snowsport UK. This national organisation provides life changing opportunities and equal access for people with disabilities to take part in snowsport across the UK. The charity’s work changes lives with therapeutic, emotional and social benefits allowing those with disabilities to develop new skills which they can transfer to their everyday life.
Zoe Gillings, the highest ranked snowsport athlete in Great Britain spoke out in support of the Skiathon: “Snowsports are a great way of keeping fit, a reason to travel around the world, a way to meet new people and have fun with your friends.
The National Skiathon should work brilliantly to bring funds into Disability Snowsport UK enabling more people to enjoy the benefits and delight of snowsports when they would find it extremely hard to do so otherwise.”

The event is now open for entries: it costs £10 to register (some slopes are charging a reduced fee or free slope time) and Disability Snowsport ask that participants raise a minimum of £25 sponsorship. If you are interested, please go to www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/skiathon or email skiathon@disabilitysnowsport.org.uk for more information.

Participating Slopes

Braehead Snozone
Castleford Snowzone
Chill Factore
Glasgow Ski Centre
Halifax Ski Centre
JNLL Llandudno Ski Centre
Llangrannog Ski Centre
Midlothian Snowsports Centre
Pendle Ski Centre
Plas y Brenin
Silkworth Sports Complex
Stoke Ski Centre

Ackers Trust Ski Centre
Aldershot Alpine Snowsports
JNLL Bracknell Ski Centre
JNLL Chatham Ski Centre
Hemel Snow Centre
Milton Keynes Snozone
Norfolk Ski club
JNLL Plymouth Ski Centre
Realli - Ski
Southampton Alpine Centre
Tamworth SnowDome
Telford Snowboard & Ski Centre
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow this sounds great! I live in the peak district - how can I take part? I am only a beginner skier (I can do a blue run comfortably but nothing much steeper!) - is that ok?

Can I register online? Will you help me with fundraising?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Naboo

Being a beginner skier is no problem, in the terms & conditions posted on the website www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/skiathon it says 'All skiing participants should be able to do controlled link turns, snowplough turns and use the ski lift'

All the slope lengths are also posted on the website as well under 'participating slopes' so if your local slope had a smaller and less steep run you could ski that slope and work out the amount of runs for whichever challenge you wanted to do.

It depends on where you live in the peak district: The nearest slopes taking part would be Castlford SnoZone, Pendle Ski Centre, Stoke Ski Centre or Chill Factore, Manchester. You can register online if you go to www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/skiathon and we have a full page of fundraising tips and you can either download a hardcopy of a sponsorship form or set up a page on Just Giving. We have a step by step guide on the website.

If you need to email or call for further help please contact Disability Snowsport UK on 0161 749 2290 or email skiathon@disabilitysnowsport.org.uk

Good Luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Smokey Joe, really helpful! Am off to recruit some friends and register online - see you soon! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can see which slopes are in Yorkshire, £15 to use Cas or £10 for Halifax plastic rolling eyes

Will look into Cill Factor e for free.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A step by step guide to entering the Skiathon 2009:

Step one: Find out if your local slope is participating in the Skiathon from the 'participating slopes’ on www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk

Step two: Check from the ‘participating slopes’ list what dates are available at your local slope, and what charge, if any, there will be to access the slope. If there is a charge, you will need to organise paying this at your slope.

Step three: Register for the Skiathon, using either a paper copy of the application form (download from www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/skiathon), or enter online and pay your £10 entry fee. Check that you agree to the terms and conditions (below). Please note if you are registering online you will be charged £1.65 processing fee.

Step four: Book in with your slope. Our website contains contact details for all the slopes, or please see ‘participating slopes’ list.

Step five:Start fundraising by downloading our fundraising tips page at www.disabilitysnowsport.org.uk/skiathon.

Step six: On the day, make sure that you arrive at the slope with enough time to complete your challenge and take along a copy of your registration confirmation (either a stamped entry form from DSUK or a printout of the online system’s confirmation of registration).

Terms and conditions
Disability Snowsport or the local slope in use will not be held liable for any injury that may occur.
All skiing participants should be able to do controlled link turns, snowplough turns and use the ski lift.
Disabled skiers must have an Adaptive Instructor present and helper if needed.
Local slope rules apply for ski equipment and clothing hire.
Participants will respect slope rules and behave in an appropriate manner.
Local slopes fees may apply – see website for further details.
Participants are responsible for booking in at their local slope – see website for booking numbers.
Participants agree to pay a £10 entry fee Participants agree to raise at least £25 minimum sponsorship per participant.
On the day of the challenge participants are responsible for arriving with enough time to complete their challenge.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm doing this Very Happy

Castleford 16th May
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dobz, Hi Dobz, I was hoping to take part at Castleford, but thought it was only on the 6th May?! Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm hoping to do it at Chill Factore as there is no extra slope fee. Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool, maybe I'll do it there instead! What day is it on there?
Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's on May 5th at Chill Factore......see you on the slope for some "out of this world fun!" I'm doing the moon challange
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah me too - are you coming in fancy dress? wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Of course, i have some of those crazy deelibopper thingies for my head and have a good idea for the use of a lot of tin foil! NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well first prize is obviously yours then - theres no point me even bothering dressing up! see you there Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
don't be silly, get into it and get dressed up.....i will win though!
latest report
naboo, I am with a group who have already planned a trip to Castleford on 16th before notice of the Skiathon came out. Our group Admin has said that we may be doing it then. I'll wait and see what is organised.
snow report
Think I will come as a ............. skier - you don't see many of those round here !!!
Shocked
snow report
The closing date for entries is 30th April 2009 and places are limited so if any of you are wanting to ' Ski out of this World' for skiers with disabilities then don't miss out and book as soon as you can!

Thanks
Very Happy
latest report
Thanks to everyone who took part in the skiathon - we haven't got all the sponsorship in yet but managed to raise around £7K so far with more to come in. Keep your eye out for next years event and ideas for new skiathon themes welcome!

Thanks Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy