Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Runs in the 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am planning routes for next week when we are in Meribel.
We have skied the area quite alot but have never skied either of these so has anybody skied the piste called Villages that runs down to Les Allues. Can you tell me if it runs right to the Olympe Gondola station or is there a major walk across town from the end of the piste.
Also how difficult is the black piste called combe rosael into the 4th valley off the Cime Caron lift.
And finally which way does the piste lagopede linking the bottom of Funitel Grand Fond and Cime Caron run and before anybody says downhill Very Happy Very Happy which station is the lowest.
Thanks Tim
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Farmboy, Combe Rosael can mogul up to quite deep ones (hip high for this 5'3er) and they tend to be tightly packed. At this time of year it will be firm enough for fun Cool but at the end of April it can be very tiring in the slush rolling eyes
Haven't done the Villages and can't remember where Lagopede goes, off the top of my head, but no doubt others will be along shortly with suitable advice.
Have a great holiday snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flowa Thanks for that. Change of subject but did you not ski with johnnyboy last year. Could you not make contact with him and then confirm to everybody on the forum that he is alright as I think he has still not posted even after last time when other people were querying his whereabouts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Farmboy, I think the genuine interest in his wellbeing is a mark of how friendly this site is snowHead
I'll give it a go tomorrow but if he didn't respond to HolidayLoverxx's text I don't think mine will fair much better - haven't caught up with him for months.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I missed HolidayLoverxx's post about the text. Sorry I didnot know anybody had already made an attempt at a direct contact. I think his posts from last year were brilliant.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
yeah, they were snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I believe Lagopede runs downhill from Plateau past the Funitel Grand Fond to the Cime Caron cable car.
I've usually skied from VT village down to Caron chair to get to the Cime Caron cable car - the Cairn bubble goes back up to VT village if you were wondering.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Farmboy, villages will be very ropey and probably not open then. it is only a small walk to the gondola but personally i wouldnt bother with it. COmbe rosael is very weather dependent. not very wide at the top but quite an easy in good vis and good snow but if the wind gets up or fogs over can be hard to find your way down.

have a look at my site under downloads for a description of all the runs.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, That is a very interesting resume of the runs - I hadn't found that before. I have been looking at the piste map of VT wondering what might be possible at Easter, and had been looking at the Cime de Caron. I note that you put:

Take the Col De L'audzin (red), a wonderful long run all the way down to the cable car base. Also the
Combe-de-Caron, although black, is not actually too steep for confident intermediates. All the
snow on this section is usually in excellent condition.

I've worked out that it should be possible to get the cairn bubble back to above oxalys if you pick up gentiane half way down (which I assume you can do) and this gives access to routes back up into the top of town if you loop round in the 2 lacs direction and end up on the home run past the knife & fork. I'd already clocked Col De L'audzin, but I'm now wondering just how confident this intermediate might be after a few more days on the planks - maybe the Combe-de-Caron might be on the cards if I have a slug of dutch courage beforehand later on in the week.

I think I need to do lots of reds this coming trip. It would be easy to stay on the blues well in the comfort zone, but I won't learn anything. I know I am more than capable of reds now as well as the odd section of black. I shall print out your guide and take with me
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Farmboy wrote:
We have skied the area quite alot but have never skied either of these so has anybody skied the piste called Villages that runs down to Les Allues. Can you tell me if it runs right to the Olympe Gondola station or is there a major walk across town from the end of the piste.
Its a short walk (couple of minutes) from the Villages run to the gondola. However, I'm not sure it is skiable all the way down at the moment - temperatures have been very warm, and it's getting bare lower down
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy