Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.
Its my brothers 30th next year and were looking to go to italy. Were after somewhere with a very large ski area for mixed abilities, a lively nightlife and extra things to do such as bowling, ice skating, swim, spa, dog sledding, skidoo's that sort of thing.
Anyone got any suggestions please?
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sauze d'Oulx
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Corvara
Don't forget your cheque book though rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sauze d'Oulx - Providing the snows good (which i has been for the last couple of years!!!) its a great place to ski!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sella Ronda or anywhere in the Val Gardena area is good fun. Madesimo and Aprica, out of fashion but really good skiing and entertainment.

Cervina for guaranteed snow and wonderful back drop, not so sure about the night-life though

Saucy Ducks is good, but Sestriere has a more upmarket feel and probably more options for non-skiing activities.

But why limit yourself to Italy? Nearly all these things are offered in Carinthia (especially spas and thermal baths).

Sue wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went to Selva(6 lads) this year and that was good. Bars and the nighclub we found were excellent. My smoking mate even found a bar there where you can smoke!!! So off he went there on his own a couple of times... Not that great skiing for the more advanced in my IMHO but the scenry made up for it. Sauze....I found there to be a lot of British drunks in Sauze, maybe just the time we went, and in some bars it got a bit unsavory the later the night went on. Went to Cervinia a couple of times and was not that keen on the nighlife there. Went to Le Thuile and that was dead as a door nail in the evening... All in all I would go back to Selva... Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Selva for me... every time...

Out of interest adamtheyido, why have you limited your search to Italy?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Livigno 130 km of skiing snow sure
and a duty free state so reasonbly cheap apres skiaim for accom at San rocco for the bars
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My brother wanted to go somewhere else instead of france again. So we were looking for somewhere else that provided all the above. It was for a group of 30+ some very experienced. So we wanted a huge ski area. Italy fitted the bill.
I really wanted to go to Livigno, my mate has been there 8 or 9 times and knows lots of secret powder stashes so that would have been perfect for us boarders.
Anyway he has decided, after wanting to get away from France that he wants to go to val d'isere!
Thanks for all your help anyway
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
adamtheyido, Livigno is not a good place IMO. Yes it is cheap, but you get what you pay for. If your brother feels Val d'Isere is the spot for him he would be sorely dissapointed by Livigno, I know I was Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just returned from a brillliant week in Livigno with perfect powder. Apres ski at the Stalet Bar (bottom of Carosella lift) with half price drinks (as well as duty free prices anyway) was, it has to be said, excellent value for money - if you like an apres ski alcoholic drink Razz. If you are self catering they also do free pasta from 17.30. Would keep you going for a little while anyway! Great disco and dancing in ski boots on tables with some very interesting characters who like to take the stage! They do ski doos, quad biking, and if your'e feeling flush, ice driving Subaru Imprezzas! non of this in Val D'Isere methinks Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy