Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stop off enroute to Arinsal??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We are off to Arinsal April 5th and praying for loads of snow and so far things seem to be shaping up pretty good Smile

We are driving from Barcelona (hoping its gonna be a relatively easy drive) and was just wondering if anyone has any tips on the best place to stop off to do a grocery shop for the week on the way (on a v.tight budget!). I've been to Arinsal before and from what I remember there were just two small supermarkets but I was staying half board last time so didn't really pay much attention. We thought may somewhere in Spain on the way or maybe Andorra La Vella??

We don't have snow-chains included with our car hire but have been advised that we can easily purchase chains if required in service stations on the way, does that sound like a safe enough option? Also any tips on the drive from Barcelona would be appreciated.

Thanks a mil.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey emancl
This season has been a cracker for snow in the Pyrenees, so unless the earth tips on its axis and Andorra ends up on the same latitude as the Sahara, conditions should still be great for you at the start of April.
It's a nice drive up from Barca too; and yes you can buy chains at the service stations on the way, but they are a bit of a rip on price; ironically, the cheapest place to buy them is Andorra! So as long as the roads are clear on the way there (and I'd bet from experience at the start of April it's 95% sure they will be), you'll be fine; the roads from the south are only dodgy when it's actually snowing, and they get cleared v. regularly & quickly anyway.
There are various route options to avoid motorway/tunnel tolls, but the main/easiest route is the E09 via the Tunel del Cadi (toll = 11 euros); can't remember what the motorway toll is from Barca, but it's not a fortune.
There's a massive hypermarket (called Hiper Center, I think - but you can't miss it) just a couple of kilometres past the border on the (only) main road once you cross over into Andorra from Spain; it's on the left as you're going north. It's def the easiest & cheapest option.
Best wishes for a great trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Snow Beard

Great advice - exactly what I was looking for, thanks a mil

Brilliant website - loads of great info on it.

I am counting the days now
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy