Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructors in Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Arc 2000 on 21 March and am thinking about getting some decent lessons. I am an intermediate skier but need to master carving, confidence to go faster and possibly venture onto a black.

I had originally thought of New Generation as they seem to be highly regarded and are native English speakers (which has always helped me in the past). However, they are based in Vallandry which is the opposite side of the resort to Arc 2000 so not sure how long it would take to get there. Can you take the Arpette chair and then ski one long blue run all the way over?

There is also Spirit in 1950 but I don't know much about them. Do they have native English speakers and do they have a good reputation?

I could also take private lessons with ESF and although I've heard that ESF in Les Arcs is one of the best ESF schools, I am concerned about getting a duff lunchtime slot and also someone who is not as completely fluent as I'd like.

Any thoughts or recommendations welcome.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
curry-queen, it's easy to get to Vallandry from Arc 2000. Take the Bois de l'Ours lift up to the Arpette ridge then it's blue pistes all the way to Vallandry. Probably 25 minutes skiing, so easy to get to Vallandry for lesson. Only drawback would be if the lifts up to the Arpette ridge are closed by high winds.

Spirit 1950 has a good reputation. Not sure if they have native English speakers, but I've heard a few of their instructors speak good English when I've skied past them teaching. Maybe email them to ask?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Thanks. I've now booked with New Generation although they can't guarantee having enough people to run the class so I might end up with Spirit or ESF anyway!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy