Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BBC covers snowy tale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
People might be interested in hearing this:
It's My Story – Switzerland For A Franc
Monday 16 March
8.00-8.30pm BBC RADIO 4
In 2007, British businessman Bruno Prior read a newspaper article: "Ski resort for sale for one Swiss franc"; Miles Warde has been closely following what happened next.
Miles learns how a family business from Maidenhead with a background in gravel extraction became enmeshed in the fortunes of a tiny village in the Alps. Ernen's population is about 560 – if the skiing cannot be saved, then the village may fade out.
"There were 24 children when I was at school," says Jasmine Seiler. "Now there are one or two children. It's horrible because, if it continues like this, there will be no more people – only old people."
Luck has been on nobody's side – the main lift broke in the first season; Bruno's ability to invest has been hit by the falling rate of the pound; and two villagers are refusing to sell land where a new hotel is due to be built. With access to key meetings and players, including the president of the village and the man who decided to sell the resort for one franc, this is an extraordinary portrait of a community set against a rollercoaster of events.
Presenter and Producer/Miles Warde
BBC Publicity
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FranzKlammer, Thanks for posting that.
I remember some threads on here at the time which give some more background to the story. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find them using the search facility.
Some years ago I was involved in the potential purchase of a hotel and spa in a Swiss resort and the project didn't go ahead for similar reasons to those outlined above. I shall be listening with great interest. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, you forgot to welcome a new snowHead. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A quick reminder that this is on to-night Toofy Grin
In case I miss it how can I find out if it will be on i-player or listen again or whatever it's called Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowHeads thread from when Bruno Prior bought the resort. Including posts by Bruno.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=732444#732444
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, here's the iplayer link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j3vd0/Its_My_Story_Switzerland_for_a_Franc/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy