Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble/Chambery -> Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got my travelling documents for next week when I'm going to Val Thorens and it turns out that my travel agency has changed the airport in France from Chambery to Grenoble.

Judging from my map it looks as if it'll take quite a while longer. Anyone of you know how long it takes from the two airports? I surely don't hope that Grenoble is much further away than Chambery as I'm desperate for some snow Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I stayed in PG's Bourg St Maurice studio flat in early January this year I spent my rest day to have lunch in Chambery and dinner in Annecy. Val Thoren to Moutier, Moutier to Albertville, Abertville to Chambery are each 17 miles apart approximately. I think Gennoble to Chambery distance is comparable too. This should make the journey 17+17+17+17 = 68 or about 70 miles. This would be the same distance if you choose to ski in Chamonix and land in Geneva.

Val Thoren is pretty high and deep in the 3 Vallees. You should have better snow there than going to neighbouring resorts. Landed further away should not affect the amount of snow you get, unless you want to jump out of the transfer bus and with a pair of skies to start immediately.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Grenoble is 60kms from Chambery, so it's going to add about an hour to your journey. However, you could be lucky, Chambery Airport appears to be closed due to weather conditions more often than Grenoble.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Grenoble is a very easy and small airport. Have heard nothing but bad things about Chambery airport. So you could be at an advantage, you may well find that the extra hour driving is far less onerous than an extra 2 hours awaiting your baggage! Val Thorens takes a minimum of 45 minutes of driving 'up the mountain' from Moutiers. On a coach I reckon it'll be at least an hour.

On a good note it certainly doesn't look like you're going to be short of snow now! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy