Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-school for teenagers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My eldest is fast approaching this tricky age and it seems that next season she will be too old for Children's ski-school. She was quite a bit older than the rest of her class this year but because she was with her younger sister it wasn't a problem.
I don't think she would enjoy being on her own in adult lessons (she wouldn't be in the same class as us) and has only 4 years experience so would not be up for "race-training camp" which is the only alternative I've found.

I know in the school holidays there is more chance of there being more children in the adult lessons but we are still hoping to avoid going then.

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that cater for teenage ski-lessons?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've looked at St Anton and Obertauern; our kids (both 14) are much better skiers than the me and the OL, and although they are happy enough to ski with us, nipping off and doing interesting things while we potter along like a pair opf pensioners, they need a bit more challenge than that but with someone who knows what they're doing, to progress and stay safe. If there are no suitable classes, consider a private lesson, although that'll be more fun (and better value) if thee are two of her (if you see what I mean).

In St Anton last year joined a teenage 'good skiers' class, doing some fast runs, a little bit of off piste, a bit of snow biking, that sort of thing, which they enjoyed (they had 3 days of it). The year before, also in St Anton, they had a couple of days with Graham Austick at Piste to Powder, whcih they loved, but it's a pricey option. They can't join a group with PtoP until they're 16, IIRC.

In Obertauern this year, only one of the half dozen or so ski schools offered a teenage 'high end' group and wasn't happening over half term (don't ask me - I think that they could use all the instructors on privates,so they did, but I'm not sure why), so the kids had a couple of private lessons in the abundant powder on some steepish slopes, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not much help, really, but there we are. I believe that Freshtracks (SCGB) offer hols for families in which the kids are whisked off by SCGB 'leaders' and also given some tuition. I don't know much about it, including what the age profiles of the kids' groups are.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This might be of interest?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Our teenies are 14 & 16, one on skis and one on a board. Private off piste is the way to go for them now. Only a couple of hours a week, aswell as technique they both learn new safe off piste routes which they then take each other on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy