Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Livingo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone able to help on this one

I would like to visit the San Rocco area for drinks in the evening, but not stay there as would like some sleep. Could you please suggest an area. I also hear the ski school at lift 18 is best for beginers or is it lift 20?. Therefore wouldn't want to be to far from it.

Many Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stayed in the alpina right in the centr of Livigno, quite at night , v nice hotel. A lot of the hotels in Livigno throw in a free lift passes with a weeks accom, late in the season which is not far away. Re beginers areas , most of the lower half of the mountain is easy enuf, so dont worry about being near lift 18 or 20 . If you ski just where he ski schools congregate you are missing out on some great skiing. On the Mottilno side there is a blue which is approx 10 km long
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that. Free lift passes with accommodation! is that always the case late or early in the season. Or is this just Livingo only.

Bergamo seems the easiest place to fly to. However have read that it's also possible from Zurich. More airlines. Better choice?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used Bergamo each time I've been and it's ok.

Sorry I cannot remember the accom. I used while there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No worries. Thanks for the advice
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tour ops have pulled out of bergamo so i think their transfer is slightly longer now, but its very scenic, i noticed coming back to bergamo last year that the coaches stay off the motorway which is probably cheaper for them, but puts 20 mins on journey
as for where to stop we stopped at apts next to Cronix bar which has a bowling alley it is midway between San Rocco and lift 20, these are not in brochures this year but were family run and called Casa Longa, there were also apts just over road and up a bit near the superb Marios restaurant, the steaks are well worth a try there. Our location was ideal as it was easy to walk to San Rooco, which we did for the sledging night and Teabork(fondu) night, as the reps for PANORAMA used the main bar there as a meeting point. The buses were very good round resort for free, especially if you want to ski Mottolina. the long blue is really good as already meantion, but my favourite area was the interlocking blues up Costaccio, on the 4 th day i took nervous daughter up there and she loved it, we chaired and gondolad back down to avoid the red runs. i have a card for hotel Valeria here www.hotelvaleria.it we ait there one night too.
the nursery slopes at 18 are longer and have more added extras like chair lift, humps and gates, but at 20 there is the magic carpet, but this was only used for the first lesson and 30 mins on the 2nd. We bought ski storage at lift 20 and used it first 5 days but once proficient and able to Mottolina we took the gear back to Apt, the lessons are about 2 hours intensive a day and the instructers at lift 20 were excellent. Only thing is beginners are first at 9:30 so no boozy heads, our typical day was lesson for daughter 9:30 to 11:30, me up Costaccio for 2 hours, then a break for lunch and move up to San rocco nursery slopes for some fun in the afternoon.
hope this helps
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for the info about the beginner slopes. I don't suppose you remember the ski school or instructor's name
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
no not sure it was the ski school located at lift 20, the guy was a mid 40s tall with dark hair, hell of tan and white sun glasses
he was great with kids
have you looked at www.livigno.com/en/sport
we had 2 afternoons with a bit of freeze thaw on the nursery slopes when it was a bit mushy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Thanks for that. Free lift passes with accommodation! is that always the case late or early in the season. Or is this just Livingo only.

Bergamo seems the easiest place to fly to. However have read that it's also possible from Zurich. More airlines. Better choice?

A lot of resorts offer free passes with accom, google the hotels in Livigno, then go to their website or ring them for details.

I believe Innsbruck is near, best way is google maps, then find cities near Livigno for flights, if u are driving, your lift pass covers u for St Moritz, 30 km away
Bergamo is 4.5 hrs away, Bresia may be a little less.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If quiet is what you're after you could do a lot worse than the Baita Cuisini. It's listed (or was) as a 2*, the food is excellent - well cooked, good variety and plenty of it, its family run, clean and the rooms a decent size. It could do with a bit of an overhaul re the bathrooms, but other than that, a good honest place. Nice bar, heated boot/ski room and a short walk to the regular bus service. If you're out in the main town in the evening taxis are around €7. The owners have a family connection to one of the ski hire shops and residents get a discount.

The hotel is on the Mottolina side of the resort, which we favoured in the afternoons. Made it easier to return to the hotel at the end of the day. Also handy for the long blue mentioned above. The bus to the main ski school areas takes about 10 minutes max.

We were there last season and there was word that they were planning a re-fit.

Incidentally we went with Crystal - £339 pp, F & T, on HB basis end Feb which I reckon was very good value.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy