Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Support Group for those of us who have finished skiing for the year...

Poster: A snowHead
Can't complain - I've had four weeks skiing - including the S5BB - and that's it till next year.

Should be a snowHeads support group for those of us who now have to sit at home?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Or those who fear they most probably will...I have nothing planned, and can't see myself going again this season, but that last little glimmer of hope hasn't quite died, and I haven't got the courage to quash it completely.

How do you see the support group working? 'My name is vetski and I'm not going skiing again this season. Sob'?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vetski,
Quote:

Or those who fear they most probably will...I have nothing planned, and can't see myself going again this season, but that last little glimmer of hope hasn't quite died, and I haven't got the courage to quash it completely.

with you on this one. I know i woh't be skiing again this year...but I still look at the webcams and follow the snow reports cos there is the outside chance that I might just sneak in another trip. It's later in the Spring the support will be necessary.

My name is snowlamb and I'm a snowacolic.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello snowlamb, we're all here for you.

Do you think having had 4 weeks this year already should disqualify people from the support group - even if the support group was their idea? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother wrote:
Can't complain - I've had four weeks skiing - including the S5BB - and that's it till next year.

Should be a snowHeads support group for those of us who now have to sit at home?

Are you allowing honorary members (those of us who are still skiing, but feel your pain)?

Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
vetski, like Heroin - skiing is a bit moreish... Perhaps a 12-step programme?

snowlamb, welcome to our club.

rob@rar, you will be feeling your own pain if you flaunt your skiing in front of us Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother wrote:
rob@rar, you will be feeling your own pain if you flaunt your skiing in front of us Toofy Grin

Photos from today will be posted shortly. For those who can't wait my blog has just gone up Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe you could call yourself SnowHopers?

(4 weeks 'til my next jaunt wink )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor, rob@rar, YOU'RE BARRED.... Twisted Evil wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
surely this is just revenge for us late season skiers on all you going on about how fantastic Xmas was..........

my blog pics should get updated over the weekend whilst I'm skiing Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Support Group for those of us who have finished skiing for the year...

Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
stoatsbrother wrote:

Are you allowing honorary members (those of us who are still skiing, but feel your pain)?

Wink

What about those of us about to ski again - and don't feel stoatsbrother's pain - but feel we ought to? Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
achilles, et tu Achilles? Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, Don't you think that 5 weeks has a much more rounded feel to it...? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Michelle, you are evil. Cool
snow conditions
Or those of us who are skiing next week, but already sensing the onset of withdrawal from when we return. Maybe Michelle, does have the answer Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Axsman, You know it makes sense... Cool
snow report
Schuss in Boots, I wonder if I can get that photo undeleted...

Michelle, how about a monthly BBQ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
achilles, et tu Achilles? Sad

Didn't notice this earlier - vocative please! 'Et tu, Achille'.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother, I feel your pain, I send sympathy, support, chocolate and alcohol. May I lie on the floor whilst you wipe your feet on me? Little Angel

Edit: for grammatical improvements and in honour of Hurtle Little Angel

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 12-03-09 0:32; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, my liver is saying: NO!
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, That should just about see me throught the pain... Toofy Grin
latest report
Schuss in Boots, I couldn't remember whether Achille was really the vocative (O-Level Ancient Greek extremely rusty and no copy of Homer to hand) so I Googled a bit. Couldn't find the answer but thought, as a keen linguist, you'd enjoy a little light reading! By the way, and since you yourself are in correcting mode,
Quote:

May I lay on the floor

Shocked
snow report
stoatsbrother, You're most welcome, I am very happy to help in your hour of need. (That'll be one euro please.....) Twisted Evil
snow report
Hurtle, I shall bow to your judgement (mostly since I couldn't string a sentence together correctly if I tried) Embarassed but I think it is vetski you need. Tis' more than my life's worth to pull stoatsbrother up on anything. Blush
latest report
Schuss in Boots, oops, sorry, conflated two posts there. (Poxy new contact lenses - the old ones were fine, now I can't see. Don't ask. rolling eyes )
snow report
Hurtle, No worries - I can't type (apparently) Laughing Although I'm glad you mentioned it - it didn't look right when I typed it.... lie on the floor...might I? How should it have read?
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots, oh lord, I'm embarrassed now - only wanted to correct another 'corrector'. Embarassed Anyway, yes, 'lie' is better.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in

My name is Vipa and I won't be skiing again in 2009 Crying or Very sad

I'm just hoping my mountain bike fills the void!!!
snow report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
stoatsbrother (That'll be one euro please.....) Twisted Evil

That's ten quid then is it judging by the way the pounds going again!!! Laughing
snow conditions
I can actually say that this year after my solitary ski holiday at christmas, I have experienced lower withdrawal symptoms than in the past.

That is all in anticipation of going and working a season next season:sH: , all presuming I can get a job! Mad damn reccession
snow report
I've had 14 days skiing and my season ended 9th Feb. All that is left now is waiting for the crowds to dissipate from the snow domes and get a few seconds each run to work on my slalom turns Sad

If I come into some money later in the year Argentina may be an option....
snow conditions
Hurtle, Thanks, I need all the help I can get.... wink Laughing
snow report
Doctor I feel your angst, I have been reduced to a mere 4 weeks on the piste this season Sad

Hey ho, soon be Easter snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Due to the direction that the cows are squirting milk and the speed the sheep are growing their fleeces the farmers here say that this is the last winter with reliable snow for the foreseeable future. Therefore you owe it to yourselves to indulge as much as you possibly can this year... I have destroyed 1 pair of skis this winter purely through the amount of use they have had and refuse to give up yet.

Think of all the money you will save if you never have to fork out for another ski holiday!
ski holidays
Boredsurfing,
Quote:

reduced to a mere 4 weeks

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I've had my officially sanctioned 3 weeks but had hoped to sneak an extra weekend in Scotland - hopefully Nevis. But rain there at present and they have never opened the back this season as far as I know (usually the best snow but winds must have been from the wrong direction). Not sure if it is going to be worth going since it is the back corries and off piste I mostly go for, but I'm still hoping for late falls... Perhaps 21st or 28th? Puzzled
Going away with Mrs Snowball in early April..... but not to ski, so please don't tell me it will be great in April. Sad
latest report
Hurtle, 'Achille' is a Latin vocative (cf. 'Brute') - I know it's a Greek name, but it transliterates directly, and if one is going to use it with 'Et tu', which is definitely Latin, Latin grammar rules will apply. As you can tell, I'm getting into translator mode - I have volunteered to translate Caesar's accounts of his expeditions to Britain for a sourcebook. Should be interesting - I haven't done any serious translation in 16 years! Am hoping it will take my mind off the continuing excellence of snow conditions across the northern hemisphere... Sad
latest report
vetski,
Quote:

'Achille' is a Latin vocative
That's what set me wondering. Did you look at that link? Boggling stuff. I absolutely loved Latin, my favourite school subject, but as for taking my mind off the end of my ski season - even Latin doesn't hit that particular spot. Sad
latest report
you guys must be loaded i could only afford one weeks skiing with my family this year and a big ???? fo next year
you must all work in the city
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy