Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good snow at the end of April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a cheap getaway towards the end of April, where would I be best off looking for decent conditions?

3V's are quite high, what about the L'Espace Killy region?

Any suggestions?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Scottland, EoSB in Val Thorens? Tignes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, Val Thorens and Tignes are what I'd been thinking (I think we'd be going after the EoSB though). But not sure where else would have decent conditions.

I'm guessing most areas in the 3V would have as good conditions as ValT itself?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scottland wrote:
That late in April, I would'nt assume that. VT is higher than Meribel, Courchevel from the other valleys.that extra 500-800m can make all the difference. At last years EoSB, VT had quite good conditions, some fresh snow , icy mornings and sugar\ slush in the afternoons. In Meribel village it was akin to water ski-ing!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Must admit if I was going late April and wanting to ski in the afternoon on anything other than melted sugar I would go as high as possible.

I would think of L2A, Tignes, Argentiere, Saas Fee, Hintertux, Pitztal and a few others, you will get skiing elsewhere but it can soften very quickly.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scottland wrote:
Yeah, Val Thorens and Tignes are what I'd been thinking (I think we'd be going after the EoSB though). But not sure where else would have decent conditions.

I think the rest of the 3V is closing the 25th. (La Tania the week before that)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers BMF_Skier & T Bar. I just checked the dates for EoSB and that's roughly when we're going, maybe a few days later (somewhere between the 19th-30th).

Would be good to try and get there whilst some snowHeads are there, but where we end up will have to depend very much on price, I've got a kitchen to pay for! Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
3 nights catered accommodation INCLUDING set time Geneva transfers for £79 + supplement of £15 per person per night for Friday and Saturday night. Some rooms have small supplements. See http://www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/tignes---spring-short-breaks

Limited availability now...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun, sounds good; I don't suppose you have a similar deal the previous week (being school hols) do you?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Guess again! I drove up to Val T in April two years ago - the whole valley looked green as far up as Les Menuires. That late, I'd definitely go to Tignes if I had to book something now.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scottland, Cervinia? Saas Fee?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Guess again! I drove up to Val T in April two years ago - the whole valley looked green as far up as Les Menuires. That late, I'd definitely go to Tignes if I had to book something now.

I've had better snow in Courchevel than Meribel over many Easters........in fact I hardly bother with a 3 Vallees pass
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy