Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are, Sweden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just got back from a weeks skiing in Italy, it's time to start planning the next trip.

(I know it's eleven months and two weeks away, but there's going to be a group of around 30 that i have to arrange for!)

I was just looking through some brochures to get some ideas and i came across Are in Sweden. Really good deal aswell. £490 for flights etc and a 5 star hotel that has recently been built. (The Holiday Club Resort)

A couple of questions that you guys out there may be able to help us with?????

1) Daylight hours?

2) Skiing good?

3) Too cold?

4) Beer and lunches expensive?

Cheers in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been there twice. 2000 Christmas and 2004 Easter

1) Didn't notice any difference. I suppose there may be 0.5 hour difference but Are has flood light at main central area.

2) Generally good. Three separate areas. Two of them may be linked if there is sufficient snow.

3) Will be if you go in Christmas. It has warm rooms scatter around to allow skiers to eat their lunch in a very civilised fashsion.

4) Yes

I think Are is the largest resort in Sweden with a huge lake but is still a small resort by the French standard. Not too sure the accuracy but my record shows it has 97km of piste which is about right. Courmayeour has 100Km and La Thuile+La Rosiere together has 140 kM. No need to queue unless during the start of the day at the bottom chairlifts. Stunning view. Very friendly people. The atmosphere is different and it is one of the best equipped Scandinavian resort. It has terrians to suit every skiers but being relatively small the runs are not very long but you can certainly travelling around in skies.

Downside is a relatively large number of surface lifts. One is about 2 km long in Bjournen if my memoray serves me right as I haven't had access to the piste map while working overseas.

Here is another source of information
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
saikee, Cheers for the info.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I can count right, 11 and a bit months means you'll be there early January, and daylight hours may be significant. I was in Borlange over Christmas, which I'm fairly sure is further south than Are (and hence will get more sunlight at that time), and you only had daylight and open lifts from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.

Given the financial incentive not to spend too much time drinking during the day, this may not make a difference, but it's worth taking into account
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy