Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question for CEM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi CEM

I have slim feet and my current Salomon Performas size 27-27.5 have a lot of heel lift.

I am planning to get new boots and want a very snug fit

Got my feet measured; left is a 26 ,right is half way between a 26.5 and 27 , should I aim for a 26 or 27,

Would it be a good idea to get size and 26 get the rh boot tweeked to accomadate my larger rh foot

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm interested in the answer, but think it may be a "I can't tell without looking at your feet" type of response.

My shells are 270's but my feet are 264x94 (left) and 266x97 (right), so I suspect the shells are a tad on the large side.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc, you can actually ski whilst wearing those boat hulls? Respect.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
comprex, He doesn't have any skis, he just waxes the boot soles Very Happy Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oi yer buggers. Confused

We're talking mm's here y'know Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kendub, I guess all would depend on the foot shape and shell of the boot in question.

A trip to CEM's shop where he can get your foot in some shells should reveal a better fitted boot IMHO...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Kitenski,

I live in Dublin, so cant travel over to CEM's shop, unfortunately
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kendub, I think he is away skiing this week so you maybe better off sending him a PM
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kendub, way too big, if you can get to belfast, go see Des and Climate ski, it is impossible to say exactly without seeing your foot....in certain boots you may even get into a 25.5 shell
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM,

Hi Colin,

My friend (Jamie) got some boots from you recently and was telling me that with a good fitting boot, the buckles shouldn't be a full lock. This raised slight concern, since I have my boots on the tightest setting on all buckles otherwise its not tight enough. This may be because of my very skiing ankles/calfs, Is this a bad thing, or just a matter of adjustment. They seem comfortable but then again I have never tried a boot which isn't - i'm easy. I just don't really know what is technically a correct fit etc. Please give me some guidance. Maybe the boots are too big...

Cheers,
George
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GSpencer, ...impossible to say without seeing your feet BUT... by thye sounds of things there are three things which could be going on

1 the liner has packed down
2 the boot has too much volume for your slim ankles
3 it is just too big

if the lienr has packed down then a volume reducer shim may help
if the boot has too much volume then a volume reducer shim MAY help but will not do much
if the boot is too big..... not a lot you can do

we see the odd person who can get even the slimmest boots cranked all the way over and normally for this type of situation i would suggest they use a zip fit liner or similar to snug things up...but it all depends what YOU want from your boot

I guess you could try strolz wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CEM,
Quote:

I guess you could try strolz

Are they in the Discount shopping village? Toofy Grin
wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy