Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quick Hotel Review - Alpin Hotel Scheffau (with baby)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've just returned from a great week in Scheffau and I thought I post a quick report just in case I don't get around to writing a proper one soon. Plus, a lot has been posted about childcare so I thought this may help those going skiing with babies.

Scheffau village is quiet so more family orientated. You can ski down to the older gondola from opposite the hotel, but it's a bus trip back up. The skiing suits all except advanced black run skiers and was good thanks to a lot of snow. The pistes were in good condition and all bar 2 were open. My best tip to avoid the home runs is to ski back into Scheffau from Ellmau via the Hartkaiser down 88 (T-bar Schmeidelbahn) to run 60 at the bottom (ski route) which is really pretty. We were the only one's on the entire run on Friday at 4pm.

We stayed in the Alpin Hotel and we picked this hotel for the creche facilities, plus it seemed good value for money with inclusive drinks at dinner, plus afternoon tea. They also had a childrens dinner time at 5.30 with a small selection of meals, e.g. pasta. The hotel were happy to fill her bottle up with warm milk for us too which was useful. The food was great, an evening buffet, with drinks included which saved some Euros. Breakfast was also a good buffet.

I had recently read a good review about the creche and it turned out to be correct as the creche was excellent, so my 13 month old daughter went in for the afternoons. There were only 4 babies/toddlers and the room was bright and clean with good facilities. All the babies seemed happy - no tantrums or crying to be heard. Lunch was only included in the morning sessions so I gave her lunch. This was slightly more tricky as the hotel didn't do lunch so I bought some jars from the local Spar and made use of the microwave facilities/small kitchenette. The children's dinner was fine most nights, although for younger toddlers it was mainly limited to pasta.

The main restaurant is in the annexe as was our room which made life easier. There is also a swimming pool and wellness area. The children's play and TV area was a bit dingy though.

All in all, a great hotel and resort for family skiing.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Hayls for your report. We were really interested in this hotel too (for next year). The resort looks great for families, the hotel looks good too and it accomodates 4 in a room. Thomson/ Crystal advertise this hotel as "free kids" too (when sharing with 2 adults) so even better I thought. BUT when I looked into prices with Thomson or Crystal they add on an extra 25 euros or so per person (incl children) per night. Which adds an extra 700 euros per week for the priviledge. What a con! I contacted them but surprise surprise I haven't heard back.
Did you go with them or someone else and did you find this too?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kapow, We went with Crystal. It sounds like a room supplement which we also paid but we got a room with a fairly cheap supplement, plus we ended up with a decent discount which more or less wiped out the cost of the supplement. So it might be worth asking about discounts.

I have found that Crystal were advertising holidays from e.g. £595 per person, but when you went on-line there were no rooms available at that price and a supplement ended up adding on about £200 per person. I should add that it wasn't for this hotel but for one in Zell am See. I'd have thought it wrong to advertise something at a price which just wasn't available.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy