Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moriilion/ Flaine - Cost of eating out/Apres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading ot there on Friday for a long weekend
Question - How expensive is Beer and eating ot in the Gernd massif at the moment ?- we had a week in the 3Vs in Feb and it was horrendous. I'm really hoping its not going to be like that
#If youve got any recommendations for restaaraunts in Morillion , Flaine or Samoens theyd be greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't give you much comfort, I'm afraid: other half was there at the end of Jan and a large beer was €6.60 at L'Igloo, our favourite mountain restaurant. Food is usually great there, though. We are in the area at Easter, and will be eating in a lot! Have a great weekend the conditions look really good. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yikes 3v Prices all over again - Im hoping we dont beat the 38 euro Cheeseburger we saw in Courchevel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marksovereign, it's definately not 3v prices but still can work out quite expensive. We tend to eat at a mountain restaurant at lunchtime and eat in in the evening, our favorite mountain restaurants are L'Igloo (top of the Bergin chair in Morillon), Le Michet at Flaine and there's a new one at Samoens 1600 called Lou something or other Puzzled I've yet to see a 38 euro burger, the most expensive being the ribs at Michet which are 22 euro (I've banned the kids from having them now) from memory most main courses are between 12 - 16 euros which was obviously much better when the pound was stronger. For us it's quite pricey as there's 4 of us but when I went with my friends for a long weekend it didn't seem too bad as I was obviously only paying for myself.
I'm sure you'll have a fab time, conditions are great Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimum, Thanks I'll bear these in mind - 12 -16 Euros is not too bad -t was 20- 30 in the £Vs with 7 euro beers Shocked
We fly out friday night and back on Tuesday night, so 4 days skiing - conditions look great so can't wait.
I think we've all been spolit with snow this year.
Ive been to Morillon/Flaine once before 3 years ago and it was very poor snow/ mud so i'm looking forward to seeing it in good conditions - im particularly looking forward to the skiing above Flaine
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mark, been there for half term week with my wife and 3 pretty grown up children. (both pretty and nearly grown up! - all girls)Igloo is excellent - agree with Skimum, A tremendous restaurant in Flaine, forget the name, but on the piste, halfway down the extreme right of the bowl. Great terrace and very good food. 20 euros per head average. That is very cheap for what we had and where we had it! Les Molliets by the lift of the same name, in the Les Carroz area.
We stayed in Samoen at the Neige et Roc, which has been given an award by Hardys ski guide as 'best resort restaurant in Europe,,, and whilst decent it was 35 euros for the set meal. It is not even the best restaurant in Samoen. That for me is Le Bois de Lune.. This is a couple of hundred yards towards the centre from N et R. Very good bar, very good restaurant and food. Look it up on the Samoen website, - highly recommended by me. 25 to 30 euros a head. - worth it.

And as always for me if you want a great Pizza, salad, and decent half wine at roughly 15 euros per head, Louisiana pizza restaurant has some of the best I've ever eaten-- just off the main Samoen square,- we ate there this year 3 times to keep the cost down, but it was still possibly my favorite - ask for Arno.
Enjoy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
twoodwar, Thanks - i think ive got enough recomendations to be going on with for 4 days !!! - Forecast is good too - I'll report back
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You won't get ripped off like you would in Courchevel where a plate of chips can cost £8. L'Igloo at Morillon is good. New place in Samoens is called Lou Caboëns and I have heard it is pretty good. There are a few good eateries in Samoens including Table de Fifine by the Grand Massif Express, Le Monde à l'Envers . Neige et Roc is very good and worth the award. There are fantastic little places in Sixt-fer-à-Cheval (Grenier à Babou being my favourite). Take the Cascade slope down from Flaine, stop for lunch there and take the free ski-bus back. Or just have a meal at Gîte du Lac de Gers off the Cascade slopes where the views are fantastic (there is a point where you call them and they pick you up).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A plate of chips is still 5 euro so not exactly a bargain and not even cheaper than here in Switzerland. The best value meal we had was in the kebab-pizzeria over the road from the Morillon village gondola. The worst was probably the self service in the Morillon 1100 gondola station.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear xpeak,, Neige et Roc is never worth the award of best resort restaurant in Europe! I like the Neige et Roc, the restaurant is good, but not as good as Bois de Lune, only 200 yards away, and not in the same league as the Hotel Kohlmayr in Obertauern where we were last year. A suppose Zermatt, Cormayeur, and Kitzbuhel might have a few decent places too!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
twoodwar, Slight correction needed here- the award was for the best restaurant in a small resort not the best overall.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fair do's Steve, but still not the best in Samoen!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
twoodwar, agreed, I prefer La Table de Fifine personally, Muscade et Basillac and Le Bois de Lune are also very nice - getting a bit pricey this year tho due to exchange rates.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
XPeak wrote:
Or just have a meal at Gîte du Lac de Gers off the Cascade slopes where the views are fantastic (there is a point where you call them and they pick you up).

Good food there, beautiful area, can't remember prices though. Not enough snow to get to Sixt when I was there, so got a lift on back of cat (with people cage) after lunch here to base of Gers drag lift. The most hideous drag lift in existence, nearly 600m vertical rise. Although I suppose it keeps the Gers bowl pretty quiet Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kennyNI,
Quote:

XPeak wrote:
Or just have a meal at Gîte du Lac de Gers off the Cascade slopes where the views are fantastic (there is a point where you call them and they pick you up).

Good food there, beautiful area, can't remember prices though. Not enough snow to get to Sixt when I was there, so got a lift on back of cat (with people cage) after lunch here to base of Gers drag lift. The most hideous drag lift in existence, nearly 600m vertical rise. Although I suppose it keeps the Gers bowl pretty quiet

Main courses 14€ to 18€, fixed three courses 22€. Really nice place, were there two weeks ago, watching a slab avalanche triggered by a chamois on the south facing slope above the restaurant. We came onto the piste at the pickup point and got a tow behind the skidoo (except MrsS, as the only woman she got a seat!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy