Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ADH - LDA Link and general ADH advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

After reading up, I've discovered that we get a couple of days in les deux alps if we get a full area lift pass. Ive heard of a bus transfer between the two resorts but i'm unsure how we find more about about the right bus times/prices/where to get the bus etc. Anyone have any more info on it? Also I've heard we get a day in sestreire aswell, is there any bus links between ADH and Italy?

I was also after general skiing advice for a group of more advanced intermediates in ADH, best itineries/runs not to be missed etc.

Thanks in advance.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not sure about Sestriere - are you sure it isn't Serre Chevalier? Even Serre Che is far enough away (45 mins or so each way at least) for it to be questionable as to whether it is worth the bother, nice area though it is. Sestriere would be well over an hour
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apologies, I meant Serre Chevalier!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
serre chevalier is fab but to be honest if you've got ADH for a week with a day in L2A not sure that I would bother with the travel and would earmark Serre che for a week in its own right

ADH has good skiing that should suit you all over save for the immediate bowl which is all greens. The bumps off the glacier are 'challenging' (worthwhile to say you've done it but your knees won't thank you)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the bus to L2A runs a couple of days a week, you need to book it in advance. The bookings were made at a booth in the sports centre a couple of years ago, doesn't cost much. Or you can do the helicopter transfer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
as for good skiing - the main bowl is a bit boring and the busiest area. head for the edges of the area. Montfrais above Vaujany has lots of nice blues. if you want something more challenging, try to ski all the way down to La Villette or Enversin from the top of the DMC

the glacier is nice. take Marmottes III to avoid the one steep bit of the Sarenne. clearly, you have to tick the Sarenne off. not very hard for a black but certainly long and very pretty and there are large sections where you can't see a lift or any other pistes so it gives a taste of the real mountains. do it first thing and take an early lunch at the Combe Haute

the sector around Auris has lots of nice skiing but seems to be more prone to getting messed up by the sun, wind or whatever other less than ideal weather conditions there may have been. when it's good it's really good. but it can just be an ice sheet or mud patch if you're unlucky

finally, heading down to Villard Reculas is really accessible but relatively quiet and the runs are very scenic
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Martin., I was thinking of the reverse journey as I'll be in Les 2 Alpes next week, the bus from my side runs on Wednesday and Thursday, €8 return so I assume the same price for you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's plenty in ADH for "advanced intermediates" for a week's worth of skiing. If you've not been there before Martin., you'll be unlikely to be bored with the ski area so why waste several hours sitting on a bus shuttling back & forth to L2A? A waste of valuable skiing/drinking time if you ask me. If you fancy L2A (and why not) just go there for your next trip. I quite enjoy road trips as it goes, but I usually link several small resorts which wouldn't interest me for a full week.

Of course, if the snow is iffy in ADH you may be more inclined to get the bus, but that shouldn't be a problem this season, unless you're going very late....? Check out the Tunnel if you fancy a challenge, but don't blame me if you go A over T coz those moguls are steep!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the ice perv, the excursions often set off at 8.00 a.m. and don't leave to return until 5.00 p.m. so I've never found them a waste of skiing time. I will always take advantage when I can, giving me the chance to get a taster of more mountains than I would otherwise have a chance to. Three years ago, I took an excursion to both Serre Chevalier and ADH from L2A and as a follow-up we spent a week in SC Xmas just gone. Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moffatross, that's what I was thinking as you get a feel for another resort and can chalk it down on my list of visited ski areas!! Anyway I'd like to see is the road up to ADH as steep as it appears in the Tour de France! I did Courmayeur when in Chamonix at Christmas and was definitely worth the trip as the snow on the day was super.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only been to ADH on day trips but from memory it does not have much shelterd skiing. If the weather forecast is poor it may be worth going to Serre Che for the trees.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter Ross, I've just upgraded to the Fortius software on my Tacx imagic cycle trainer. One of the real-life videos you can buy takes in the ADH climb ... http://www.tacxvr.com/en/products/alpine-classic-2007 ... which I've been looking out for secondhand on ebay. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy