Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Well done Easyjet

Poster: A snowHead
Just had my account credited with £400 or so after having a flight back from Geneva to Liverpool cancelled after it snowed in England. We had to spend two nights in Geneva until they could get a return flight to us. Easyjet paid for the taxi, hotel and meals.

Pretty good that I think.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Bish,

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, excellent.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good news, Chris! I just have this feeling that Ryanair would not have done the same.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
British Airways wouldn't do the same!!

I suppose the difference is that they took our bags off us before the flight was cancelled. I think that gives them obligations.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Yep, although it's a while since I was involved with airlies, once they have checked you and your bags in they then have to look after you, although I'm not sure how that works now with on-line check in?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had good experiences withe EZjet when things have gotton complicated.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were caught up at the same time, from Munich, except that we hadn't checked our bags in, and the next available flight was in 3 night's time. We travelled back by train overnight. EJ refunded the flights and offered €60 compensation each. Although this didn't cover the full cost of the rail fares I think this was pretty fair considering, and their "customer services champion" handled everything very well, all via e-mail.

Recommended.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, BA would, I think...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name, Previous experiences with BA chronicled here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=567268&highlight=british+airways#567268

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our easyjet flight was cancelled when returning from Venice last year. It was clear that they had made every effort to get the 'plane there but had run out of time in respect of the crew and the operation of Venice and Bristol airports. Action was a little slow but then they called us all to baggage chek and gave us a piece of paper which explained that, since the cancellation was due to factors beyond their control (snow at Bristol), they had no obligation to do anything for us. However they loaded us onto coaches and took us to a hotel for the night.

I phoned my neice and got her to change our booking to the next evening's flight (no cost) and we went into the airport next morning to check our booking was OK. The booking desk was agglomerated with people who were cursing Easyjet and saying that "they had had to spend thousand to get the first available flight home but it meant going via Sydney".

When we got on our flight in the evening, after an extra day in Venice, it was only 60% full; so I suspect all those people cursing Easyjet had simply assumed they wouldn't get any help and not asked!

When we got back to Bristol we weren't even charged for the extra 24 hours' parking!

I was really impressed with Easyjet, as I have been every time I have flown with them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

British Airways wouldn't do the same!!

They overbooked a flight from Heathrow to Edinburgh I was on, gave us £200 (much more than we paid for the tickets) each, drove us to Heathrow to get a flight an hour later and then drove us from the airport to our hotel in Edinburgh when we landed. Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish, that is a very good result considering it was circumstances beyond their control, ie snow.

Did you just claim what you spent and they paid it back without any issues? I had the complete opposite last Easter....

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Where have all the sleazyjet bashers gone now ????
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe, they're unusually quiet .
latest report
I think it's Ryanair who usually get the stick, is it not? I've always found Easyjet a pleasanter experince then Ryanair, although both seem to go out of their way to make the experience less pleasant then it might be (full service airlines don't do all they might either). When things have gone wrong, I've found all the airlines, including BA, helpful (although I've never experinced such a long delay as Chris Bish's).
snow report
During Xmas break, I was supposed to fly to New York with Delta. Flight overbooked, so they offered me and my family of 5:

1000 delta dollars each (a total of 5000$), a flight the next day, promotion to business class, free lodging at the Hilton...

Go Delta.

And they offered us the same thing the next day. Laughing
ski holidays
Caught in the same snow and have to agree, they were handling things really well. We were early for our flight and dropped by the very busy 'info' desk to see if there was any chance of getting an earlier flight. There wasn't (all luton flights had been cancelled and everything going near london was rammed) but they really did try for us noting sensibly that every person on a flight now was one less person to worry about later when those inevitably held up in the snow finally turned up. I was impressed, would be a lot happier flying with them in future - friendly staff were keeping the grumpy outbreaks by those stranded to a minimum and everything seemed to be being handled as quickly as you could expect. aj xx
latest report
Way to go skiking4 Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy