Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski schools in Zell am See?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any reccomendations? I've been searching and found 3 ski schools; 2 larger and 1 smaller. Any one have any experience?
I'm looking for a GREAT Private instructor!
Thanks in advance Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
christine051176, have a look at www.outdo.at oposite the cityexpress.
Michael the owner is married to a lovely Welsh girl from Llantwit major.
p.s. welcome to snowheads
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
christine051176, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

If you do a forum search, you should find a few recent threads on Zell am See ski schools and some recommendations for private instructors
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you Byron Gates, I will send them a mail Very Happy
Elizabeth B, I did a forum search but didn't find anything on private instructors Puzzled
Thank you both for the Welcome!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47515 gives a few names of instructors as does http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22472 Very Happy

If you have a spare few hours then http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11074 will give you some info on the resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've always used Ski School Alpin for both private and group lessons and they've always been excellent. www.sport-alpin.at

They have offices opposite the city express, by the areitbahn and schuttdorf and in Kaprun.

They have instructors suitable for all ability levels and every one I've met has been really nice, patient and an excellent instructor. Can recommend Wolfgang, Axelle, Tomas and Lewis...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
christine051176,

Les Salmon is your man - if he's still there.

He works for the Ski School Zell am See from Sun-Thurs and for himself at weekends. He is based in Colorado and Zell is a project for him at present.

I've been skiing for 25 years on and off and learned more from Les in 6 hours in January than in all that time snowHead

Here's a link to his website

http://www.lesequipe.com/
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robboj, so you called him! I am really pleased you did, and that you obviously found it as beneficial as we did.

The man is a legend.

christine051176, I can pm you his Austrian mobile number if you are interested.

D
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
christine051176,
another vote for Les Salmon. I'v not skied with him but met him in "Win Win " (a bar in Zell) just before Christmas.
talked skiing all afternoon, while watching Wales play Australia at rugby. He gave me a copy of his book on skiing which all my family have read and found to be very good. a very nice guy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow, it seems he has become a little well-known in Zell then! We had our first lessons with him last March when he had just arrived in Zell, and then met up with him a few times for drinks etc. in January this year. He'e been filming in Zell this season for his DVD to accompany the book.

D
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you for all your advice. I have contacted Michael at 'Outdo' so i will see how this pans out. Thank you to Byron Gates, for the contact; the website looks great, so lets see if the instruction does too???
Deliaskis, I would like the no. for Les if thats ok. If all else fails maybe I will give him a call.
I will report back with my findings!!! wink
Thanks again.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
christine051176, you have mail.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well I must give a BIG THANK YOU to Byron Gates, I booked a few Privates with ski school 'Outdo' . I was amazed the difference a GREAT ski instructor could make to my skiing. I have skiied since my early teens and have skiied on average 3/4 weeks per season since; I am 32 now, so you do the math. Michael from Outdo not only greatly improved my skiing but also gave me greater understanding of what I actually needed to do to improve. I can not praise him enough, and will be recommending him and his school to EVERYONE... There website is www.outdo.at check it out!
Thanks again to everyone for there advice. A great holiday was had by all. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy