Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Les Gets or near to 15th march?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are there any fellow snowHead that fancy a get together and ski?

I'm comfey on reds and can handle an easy black cautiously. I am sharing a room with a newbie snowhead.

Can't wait. Only 9 sleeps Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

I am new to snowheads, so excuse me if I haven't the etiquette bit right yet.

I am likely to be in Les Gets for 3 or 4 days from the 14th onwards. Am probably going to go out on my own as everyone else seems to be skint or working hard to avoid being made redundant. So would be interested in skiing with a buddy. (reason I found snowheads!)

I spent five weeks out there at the beginning of the year with friends and family and the snow is some of the best they have ever had, (according to the locals). With the snow arriving again, the skiing should be brilliant next week (that is why I am going out again).

Let me know if you are interested in hooking up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AdeT, Sounds good to me. only we wont be there till Sunday, maybe ski in the afternoon depends on delays/ transfers, could be in the chalet by 11.00- 11.30ish. and if I can justify cost of full day pass for only half a day. I have hired skis here in uk so I dont need to do that when I arrive. Our chalet is offering ski hosting on Monday which is usually a good way to meet buddies. I definately think we should at very least swap numbers and text when we are there. pm me with your number.

I also hear snow is good. Yipee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sound like you know the area quite well now. Where are you staying. I am in the chalet novelin, apparently 10 mins walk from village. In truth, I am going catered chalet so I dont spend a fortune apres skiing rolling eyes But perhaps one vin chaud Sunday some time Puzzled the link is to the village map. Novelin looks like a good spot to be in.

http://www.thechaletexperience.com/lesgetsvillagemap.html

You might help me with the ski pass dilemma. All PDS is very expensive and I want some lessons if I can afford them. Do they do maybe 3 days local and 4 PDS or something like that? can you remember? I have looked at the websites but cant really work it out.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
younger at heart - I think you will find that if you are not skiing till a bit later in the day then the lift pass will be adjusted i.e. one price whole day, another for after 11 or 11.30 and then lower after 1. But you may find that if you are buying a 7 day it all comes out in the wash. Certainly after a couple of days PDS added to the local pass then it comes out about the same to just buy PDS for the whole period. Also think that there are bonus points that come into play - but I am sure that your chalet people should have all this info at their fingertips. I will research a bit and come back to you...

Looking at your village map you are quite close to us - in the square above where you are there is a hairpin bend and ours is the third chalet down from the bend so perhaps you would like to come and have a drink with us. I will pm our number
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
younger at heart - I think I may have a couple of vouchers which entitle you to a discount on daily ski passes. I bought a season pass at the beginning of the year and they give you some vouchers which I think you can give to friends etc (worth a try in anycase, a couple of them are for 50% off).

I also gave you the wrong date, it is my daughters birthday on the 14th so I have had her 1st birthday celebrations rolling around in my head, I am probably going to get a flight out early Monday morning.

I will stay at L'Ours Blanc Hotel, in town, close to the Mont Chery Ski lift. (Brilliant and really reasonable hotel)

The Chalet Experience guys have a good reputation, so I think you will enjoy the stay with them.

In terms of ski lessons, when we were out at the beginning of the year, I contacted lots of the independent ski instructors and schools, as over five weeks we had lots of people that couldn't ski or were looking to improve, by far the most reasonable was ESF and 360 International. The best instructor over the whole period of time that we found was Jean Charles (I can't remember his surname, but have it written down somewhere) at ESF. My partner had had a few lessons previously and not taken to it, but we found Jean Charles and booked him for 1.5 hour sessions (54 Euro's) every few days and towards the end of the holiday she was skiing much better than many of our friends who had skied for 5 or 6 years.

I do know the Les Gets/Morzine ski area quite well, so happy to show you around.

It would be good to hook up, so yep, we should swap numbers, but as a novice to all of this, I am assuming a pm is a private message, and I am not sure how to do that yet!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pamski, Thats a very kind invite. I would love to come. Thankyou for the pass info, I had drawn much the same conclusion from my online research. Looks like 7 days PDS to me. I can see your chalet on the map, I have saved your number to mobile. I'll pm mine back.

I must say I am beginning to think of snowHead as an extended family, how lucky I found this forum. So I am not going to be a 'Billy no mates'. Very Happy

AdeT, Thankyou for the offer of vouchers, I think however I'll be sorted when you arrive. Whoops muddling up birthdays with ski dates rolling eyes shame on you wink wink careful, that sort of slip could get you grounded Laughing

I certainly am heading for ESF. I have checked prices and I think they are the only lessons I can afford! I'll take your recommendation and ask for Jean Charles wotsisname.

Got it in one (pm). even I can do it when I am replying but no idea how to start a pm. maybe in user facilities. I'll give it a go.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Is young at heart, Gaby? If it is, hi Gabby its Rachel here. Hope you got back from Les Gets safely. What a fab time we had. Speaky soon X
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy